It's been a week or three since I entered into Merry Monday's challenge, and this week (#179) it's 'Pink, green and white' - a yummy combination.
Also, over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #254 the theme is 'Bright or sparkly colours' (I covered both!) - and of course over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for November it's always 'Anything goes'.
So, I rustled up four cards, all the same as one another:
- A6 white card blank, tent style
- piece of 6" x 4" white card stock, embossed using Crafts-Too's 'Snowflake Banner' embossing folder and then trimmed down to be slightly smaller than the card front and glued in place
- snippets of pink sparkly card stock and SU's 'Always Artichoke' green card stock. I covered the front of the green card stock with clear sparkly film
- then from both the pink and green snippets I die cut bells using the Memory Box 'Bells are Ringing' die
- popped the pink die cut in place and filled the gaps with the green sparkly card cut out pieces
- dithered over whether to add a sentiment or not - in the end I used a stamp from the Personal Impressions set called ''Many Greetings' and a Brilliance 'Pearlescent Ivy' ink pad to add the words 'Ding Dong Merrily on High!'
Isn't it Murphy's Law? More often than not it's hard to get sparkle to show on photos of cards - this time the sparkly film is shining so much in the photo it's overpowered the green behind. Sigh :(