'A thorny affair' is the name of the Penny Black stamp I used for today's card - bought with a voucher I won from 1-2-3 Stitch, in Penny Black's Saturday Challenge for March. I've seen this stamp being beautifully used by Jules more than once and it was on my wish list for ages:
- 6" x 6" square white card stock
- Penny Black's 'A thorny affair' stamped using Memento 'London fog' and coloured with Pro Markers plus a tickle of white Sakura Gel pen on the berries. Normally the holly leaves would be much richer and darker but I had my heart set on using the quite pale brad and backing paper. In fact, there are lighter varieties of holly 'cos we have one in the front garden - and I added a touch of Anita's Glaze to the holly berries
- red backing card by SU - it's 'Real Red' and I did the usual trick of drawing round the outside of the die I'd used to cut the image then hand cutting (Nesties Eighteen)
- the holly paper is by Wild Rose Studio, from their 'Annabelle's Christmas' paper pack
- I found a little snippet of red velvet ribbon (rescued from a Christmas gift bag) and popped that across the card - despite it being velvet the holly pattern could be seen so I put a little strip of red card across before adding the ribbon
- the embroidered brad is by Papermania from their Henbury Lane 'Poinsettia' set
- sentiment is from SU's 'Joyous Celebrations' set, stamped with SU's 'Real Red' then punched out using SU's 'Extra Large Oval' punch
- the corners were die cut from a snippet of 'Real Red' card using a Whimsy corner die, and a pearl popped onto each
This card is for a few challenges:
First of all, it's for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge - where you must use red and green- I think I stuck to the brief OK?!
It's also for Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for April, where anything goes
And last, but by no means least, it's for Rudolph Day over at Sarn's. You have until the end of the month to join in the fun!
I did the draw for the Tim Holtz bird cage die at 11:30 last night, and the name out of the hat was Diane. Sooooo funny, at first Len thought I'd won the die back! Can you drop me an email Diane with your snail mail address and I'll post the die off to you ASAP. My email is email@example.com
So sweet, love it,ReplyDelete
A really pretty Christmas card Di.ReplyDelete
Gorgeous card, Di - looks as if that stamp is another one to go on my wishlist - I do love PB stamps and you've used this one so beautifully - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. xReplyDelete
Love this cute Hedgie image Di. Gorgeous festive card you've made with it too.ReplyDelete
Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day again.
Congrats to Diane on winning your prize.
Lovely card and congrats to Diane in winning the die.ReplyDelete
What a lovely card - really cute stamp!ReplyDelete
Gorgeous card there Di. Such a cute image.ReplyDelete
Well done Diane on the win. I hope you have great fun with it! Mine does get a fair bit of use.
Such a sweet little hedgehog, and your sentiment goes with it perfectly. lovely backing paper too.ReplyDelete
Gorgeous card, Di, and I can quite see why the stamp was on your wish list - it's cute. And I can also see why you wanted to use that brad so much, it's perfect with that paper. Congratulations to the other Diane - even if she did give Len a confusing moment :) Hugs, Elizabeth xxReplyDelete
I can see why that cute little hedgehog was on your wish list! Nice Christmas card!!!
Congrats to Diane for winning the die!
Hi Di, this is a gorgeous card! Super cute hoggie too. If you let me know where you are struggling with the H20's I'll try to help you, if you want. I attended a class in Kettering when they first came out and I've been using them so long that I've learnt a few tricks over the years Karen xReplyDelete
COngrats to Diane!ReplyDelete
That cute little hedgie is sporting some mighty big thorns on that holly! Better be careful handling that stuff! LOL Great card!
What a sweet Christmas card - the image is so cute, and your papers are gorgeous!!ReplyDelete
love Mags B x
Congratulations on your win over at Penny Black Saturday .. .. you have spent your prize wisely I see!!! A great card.
I love that image and use it lots .. .. as you have noticed! LOL!!!
Well done too to Diane for winning your birdcage die. I invested in that about three weeks ago and love it.
Love Jules xx
How'd I miss this one then. Congrats on your win much deserved me thinks. hugs Mrs A.ReplyDelete
Awwww...He is such a little sweetie! Good on you for finding some holly paper to go with!ReplyDelete