- 6" x 6" square white card stock
- House Mouse stamp ' Leaf-ing The Tree Farm' (HMJR1070) - shame on me, I've had this since forever and never used it - the date of release is 2006 :(
- snowflakes backing card by KanBan
- I trimmed the image by hand and then mounted it, with the sentiment, using sticky pads onto more of the KanBan backing card. This design already had a little white hill printed on it, so I covered the whole piece with double sided sticky film and sprinkled with the glitter I bought from Art of Craft (sorry, no name on the pot). The sparkled card was then mounted onto another piece of card covered with red holographic sticky stuff - note the use of technical terms here :)
- sentiment is a Whimsy Stamps one from their 'Winter Notables 1 Sentiments- set - some fabulous sentiments in the set. You can also buy a die to cut them but to be honest I splashed out on a die with another of their sets and found that just trimming by hand works best for me. I used SU's 'Real Red' ink pad.
- the snowflake was already made and glittered last Christmas, so I just stuck a clear brad and surround into it before adding it as a final touch.
Phew, this card took me forever to make, I had two failed attempts at making it just before holiday - my in-house critic almost didn't get to go on holiday when I threatened him with violence. But, he was, as always, quite right, I hope :(
Thank you Hazel for giving me such a lovely theme to work with - and for the chance to be a GD too :)
Normal service will be resumed ASAP, once we recover from jet-lag and I fight my way through the laundry to the craft room. I missed playing in there!
I'm delighted that you have joined me as a GD for today's CHNC challenge 90 - a lovely HM fun and games image - super card. Hope you get back safely and get through the laundry quickly so you can get back to crafting (I will be doing the same, I hope) xReplyDelete
Very happy and jolly Christmas card. Congrats on your guest designer spot. Well deserved.ReplyDelete
Many many congratulations Di on your Gdt spot over at Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge you'll do them proud, your card is stunning and a fabulous image too looks like they are having fun safe journey home take care:) xReplyDelete
A lovely cute card - and congrats on the GD spot.ReplyDelete
Fabulous sparkly card, love all the glitter and the cute image.ReplyDelete
That's not me above, I haven't gone senile and posted twice, I must get a photo, of some sort, at least.
Truly a gorgeous card. Those mices are adorable, and I love how you did the glitter stuff. (Pixie's...glitter..umm, yes, goes together I think). TFSReplyDelete
Yay whohoo! Hand stamped and coloured, I really am impressed seeing as you must have been in a whirl getting ready for your trip. Lovely card all round. Hope you're over the jet lag soon, know what that feels like!!ReplyDelete
Forgot to say congrats on the GD spot too!!!ReplyDelete