Saturday 10 July 2010

House Mouse bathtime


Got these decoupage sheets from Joanna Sheen's online shop. I love House Mouse images and have a few stamps but this was my first venture into House Mouse decoupage. Normally I really enjoy decoupage but this image is the easiest one - the pack comes with some really tricky and intricate ones which will certainly test my patience :) Accidentally snipping off little tails and paws will upset me I know :(

Having said that, they are sooo cute it's worth trying to Percy-Vere!!

I highlighted the 'floating into the air bubbles' with Anita's Glaze and mounted the decoupaged image onto Core'dinations light brown card (I love these packs of card, from QVC, never stuck for a colour...as yet!), then onto a cream linen card and just topped it off with a bit of perfectly matching ribbon from my stash. The ribbon comes from Hobbycraft, it has silver glitter swirls on and they do quite a variety of colours. The only thing is, it's wired, but pulling the thin wire out from each edge is easy and worth the little bit of extra time it takes.

Di
x

2 comments:

  1. Oh how cute is House Mouse??!! Love those little faces and paws. I think the mojo is back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen - pleased you like the little chaps. Some of the designs are taking ages to cut out - little bits of paper flying everywhere! But, hopefully worth it and some of the finished cards will find their way into my next consignment for your charities. Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.