Saturday 17 July 2010

Red roses on your Wedding Day!



I made this card last year for a friend's wedding. Her bouquet was going to be predominantly deep red roses (that took a bit of finding out!) and I used a style of card I've used quite a bit over the years which features a rose bouquet as the centrepiece.

The A5 aperture card was from CraftCreations, as was the box. The boxes come flatpacked and are really easy to make up.

First I used some holographic silver sticky backing from my stash behind the aperture and in the base of the box (both before making up of course :)

For the card I made a little bouquet of deep red roses from Wild Orchid Crafts mixed with some really delicate white organza lily-type flowers with long pearl stamens which I'm sure also came from there. Added a few white satin roses with diamante centres and some little silver leaves. These were from my stash but I'm sure Hobbycraft have similar in their wedding stationery section. The stems of the flowers and leaves were then bound with white and silver organza ribbon from Hobbycraft and finished off with little tied ends. The finished bouquet was stuck onto the card using ultra sticky tape The white satin ribbon with the heart sliders on was from Hobbycraft - just right as it had little white roses embroidered on it:) Heart sliders were from www.diamante-buckles.co.uk - they do other shapes such as round and square ones. They really do sparkle too!

The silver bell embellishments came from a local cake decorating shop - I just snipped the pointy bits off the back and attached with ultra sticky tape :) Then some clear bling either side of Best Wishes and Julie and Steve's names using my trusty peeloffs.

As I said, the box was simple to assemble - so long as you remember to line the base beforehand - not that it's always essential. I then decorated the top of the lid with peeloffs, a little bit of red glitter pen (Sakura) on the rose peeloffs and a couple of white glitter heart motifs with some teeny red 'jewels' from my stash. The glitter heart motifs came from The Crafty Cow.

Sorry about the lack of links - not playing ball today for some reason :(

The wedding was lovely, the bride looked stunning and everyone had a wonderful time by the way!

Di
x

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card and a keepsake at the same time! Lovely idea to match the brides flowers as well. A card to keep forever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.