Friday 26 August 2016

Rudolph Days - August 2016

It's Rudolph Days again over at ScrappyMo's - as always it runs from the 25th to the end of the month.

Some of you might recall the heartache I had over a Poppy Stamps die back in April, HERE. With the help of Donna I did get in touch with Poppy Stamps/Memory Box but my details kept going into a black hole in their email system, so eventually I just bought a new die (which I haven't dared use yet!).

However, Donna didn't give up and, thanks to her, Memory Box were very good, once I emerged from the black hole and they realised I'd given up and just replaced the die myself. They asked me to choose a different die, it arrived here the other week - and I'm delighted to report I used it on this card:
I used:

- A6 white card blank

- Memory Box 'Clairmont Ornaments' die to cut an aperture from the front of the card - carefully keeping the cut out pieces to one side and also within the outline of the die cut so I could see where they went!

- backed the aperture on the card front with double sided adhesive sheet leaving the aperture nice and sticky for assembling/inlaying the next die cuts

- die cut the outline shape from silver holographic card and carefully popped that in place inside the aperture

- then added the infill pieces from the white die cut I'd put to one side. Used the same trick of placing the die cut on top of the aperture to gently push out some of the tiny pieces

- die cut the baubles using the same die and deep red satin mirri card then popped them in place to finish off the inlaying

- using the Misti, stamped a greeting using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Paper Smooches 'Christmas Sampler' sentiment set

- to finish off I cut a slightly smaller panel than the card front from white card, ran a line of glue right round the edge of the panel and removed the backing from the adhesive paper inside the card front before sticking the white panel in place

I made six cards all the same to catch up on my target a bit and was almost losing the will to live by the end. Fun to make but very time consuming!

BIG thanks again to Donna for all the help and chasing up you did about the die. xx

Remember, it's NBUS over at Darnell's, starting tomorrow until 5th September!





26 comments:

  1. This is elegance at it's finest Di! I love the die and how you used it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luffly Di, and what a true friend who doesn't give up, well done Donna. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done!
    I had a problem with a die that was faulty, and like you, it was a long process, but they allowed me to choose something of the same value. A happy result (eventually)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di love the color combination you used and It feels funny to comment as DT on your post as it is only from your blog I came to know about the Rudolph days Challenge!
    Rudolph Days Challenge DT
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di, a beautiful card, love the cas design (which I'm yet to master) I also have a die that doesn't cut very well, I should have thought about contacting the company... Happy Rudolph Day! Have a great weekend... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Di! Your card is so beautiful! Love the silver and red color! Looks so elegant! Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph days challenge this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so pretty.Your inlaid design is so in style over here. I really like the look of this style. Yours is a beautiful job and great colours sued here. That red justs pops off the page.
    Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very striking card Di and seems all ended well in the end.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh well done for perceive-ring and that they Memory Box finally found your e-mail and good on them for agreeing to send you a different one too and i so love what you have done with it too, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card I've gone for baubles too! How fab of Donna to be so tenacious over this for you so glad you didn't lose out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous die, I love the baubles and the colour combo that you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely die and a great result (eventually) from Memory Box.

    Happy Rudolph Day!
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's great news Di regarding your die and how nice that you was able to choose another one and different to the one you was having trouble with and the card is absolutely fabulous the baubles are gorgeous l really like the silver outline created your so talented xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely bauble die and persistence obviously paid off in the end. I love your pretty inlaying, and six more cards towards your total Di. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very elegant CAS, these bouble and the leaves look gorgous with your design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad your issue was resolved, and you picked a winner for your new die. This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is very pretty, Di! What a gorgeous die cut! Now I need to get cracking with my Rudolph Day card! I have big plans to use that Peace Dove die I won from you! I just clicked back to read about your defective die - this has happened to be before too, not with Memory Box, but another company and luckily they were quick to replace it, so I'm glad yours worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super looking and very classy. Love the deep rich red of the baubles. Great that they sorted you with a replacement die . Must make a card for Rudolph day and hope that we can get the internet back up in order for me to write a post for it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very elegant card Di. Love that die, oh dear I can feel more retail therapy coming on, and I keep telling myself "no more Christmas stuff" but I have no will power(lol)!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful! i love how the red pops and the silver is so very elegant! glad you had a positive result with memory box in the end. thank you so much for playing along with us at the rudolph days challenge!
    linda
    DT member

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very classy card Di, a really nice Christmas die!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good news that MemoryBox have come up trumps and a great choice of die, and it will be quite useful as you could add lots of different items onto the baubles, i.e.. a small snowflake.
    Lovely card and a great CAS design.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very elegant! I'm glad to hear that Memory Box came through for you. I've heard they have excellent customer service so good to know that's a fact.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A lovely elegant die and it looks fabulous with your inlaid technique. I love that red satin card.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card, love the inlaid technique, looks so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow, so elegant card, Di!
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.