It's Rudolph Days again over at ScrappyMo's - as always it runs from the 25th to the end of the month.
Some of you might recall the heartache I had over a Poppy Stamps die back in April, HERE. With the help of Donna I did get in touch with Poppy Stamps/Memory Box but my details kept going into a black hole in their email system, so eventually I just bought a new die (which I haven't dared use yet!).
However, Donna didn't give up and, thanks to her, Memory Box were very good, once I emerged from the black hole and they realised I'd given up and just replaced the die myself. They asked me to choose a different die, it arrived here the other week - and I'm delighted to report I used it on this card:
- A6 white card blank
- Memory Box 'Clairmont Ornaments' die to cut an aperture from the front of the card - carefully keeping the cut out pieces to one side and also within the outline of the die cut so I could see where they went!
- backed the aperture on the card front with double sided adhesive sheet leaving the aperture nice and sticky for assembling/inlaying the next die cuts
- die cut the outline shape from silver holographic card and carefully popped that in place inside the aperture
- then added the infill pieces from the white die cut I'd put to one side. Used the same trick of placing the die cut on top of the aperture to gently push out some of the tiny pieces
- die cut the baubles using the same die and deep red satin mirri card then popped them in place to finish off the inlaying
- using the Misti, stamped a greeting using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Paper Smooches 'Christmas Sampler' sentiment set
- to finish off I cut a slightly smaller panel than the card front from white card, ran a line of glue right round the edge of the panel and removed the backing from the adhesive paper inside the card front before sticking the white panel in place
I made six cards all the same to catch up on my target a bit and was almost losing the will to live by the end. Fun to make but very time consuming!
BIG thanks again to Donna for all the help and chasing up you did about the die. xx
Remember, it's NBUS over at Darnell's, starting tomorrow until 5th September!