Tuesday 9 August 2016

Little set of 'For You' cards

I'd run out of cards to enclose with Playground prizes, so whipped up half a dozen of these the other day. Three different colours, two of each (peach, blue and pink):
I used:

- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style

- layer of white card, die cut using a die from the Lil'Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' set and glued in place

- the image was stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a small Altenew stamp from the set called 'You Make Me Happy'

- stamped the sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from Technique Tuesday's set called 'Stems'

- then coloured the flower using Pro markers, adding a little grey at the bottom to 'ground' the flower

- little touch of Signo 'Sparkling Gold' on the stamens

- die cut the image using a smaller die from the Lil'Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' set and mounted it onto a matching snippet of card as a little frame

- glued the image panel to the card front

I do love Altenew stamps and some of the small, single flower sets (they come with a couple of sentiments) are very reasonable to buy, ideal if you're making up an order to an amount which will give free postage :) Good excuse huh?

I used the Misti to do the stamping as I had a little run of six to make. Ahem, the Altenew flower stamp is just marginally thicker than the sentiment stamp I used. I did sort of wonder about it before starting off as the sentiment is by a different manufacturer - so I did a test on a scrap of paper first and just got a slightest 'kiss' of ink from the sentiment.

But, as both stamps were so perfectly lined up with one another on the lid of the Misti I didn't fancy peeling one off and then trying to line them up separately so I carried on regardless. Leaving both stamps in place on the Misti I re-inked just the flower and then stamped all six pieces of card with flowers. Then I removed the flower stamp and was left with the sentiment, still where I'd positioned it earlier, so just replaced the pieces of card with the flower already stamped then inked up the sentiment and stamped it.

Di
x

28 comments:

  1. What an elegant set Di, that flower is beautfiul and I love your different colours. Like you I can never have enough of flowers. Gorgeous work, so fresh xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully elegant creations Di. Like you I always enclose a little card with prizes and people always seem to appreciate the gesture.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so pretty! makes me think I should definitely play along in the playground more often to have a chance of receiving one!
    Really need to keep an eye out for a "stiched" die set at the craft fair I'm going to this weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful set of cards, Di. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant Di the floral image is beautiful l like the colours and the stitched edges too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very pretty and I'm sure will be appreciated by the winners. Clever trick with the Misti.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theses are so very pretty Di! I have along list on my wanted list of Altenew stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They would also make super little boxed sets too. So far I have resisted buying any altenew stamps. Am I good or what!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty Di, I love all the colours and the stitched mats frame that delightful little flower so beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet Di, I love the different colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable Di. Love this sweet image and looks amazing in all the different colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful set, so lovely in all the colours. My favourite is the pink one :) The MISTI is really a good hand for quick cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable set of cards Di.
    Hugs Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple and sweet. I like the matching colors--flowers to the background mat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful little works of art. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooo i love every colour of the flowers and i can see for the positioning of the image and sentiment, the Misti is perfect, but as i use mostly wooden images, it's not worth me buying one,

    Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clever girl. Lovely cards, I think that many a time, CAS cards can look classier that cards overloaded with embellishments and these do look classy, to me anyway.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these colour coordinated classy cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are incredibly cute Di, and those stitched rectangles make such easy work of small cards don't they? Barely a day goes by that I don't reach for them to make something!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards Di, I love the flower stamp, it's so elegant! It seems as though you're really getting on well with your Misti, perfect stamping!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool sentiment and pretty flower. Love your little set of cards. PERFECT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. They look so pretty, love them. I love all the little bits with the Altenew stamps too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect CAS set of cards! Lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Di, I just got this stamp too and you have given me a cute idea to make little notecards with it. I do love that image and your cards are so pretty. It would be a sweet gift set for someone with different sentiments on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are really pretty...now I am anxious to be back home next week so I can eagerly await my envelope...lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.