.......we all scream for ice cream'!
I just couldn't get that flipping line of a very old song (1920's, so well before my time!) out of my head whilst making this card:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style
- covered the front of the card blank with a panel of white card which had been embossed using Cuttlebug's 'Pinking Stitch' embossing folder and trimmed to the exact size of the card
- then out came the snippets folder, snippets of biscuit, chocolate brown, cream and pink card were lined up and then die cut using a lovely little set of dies which came free with Die Cutting Essentials magazine, issue 13. Put the die cuts to one side whilst the sentiment was stamped (having checked how the end result of the dies would look to ensure the sentiment would look OK too)
- the same free gift came with some little stamps and using the Misti and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink I stamped one of them near the bottom left corner of the card front
- then it was just a case of assembling the ice cream cone and the whirls of ice cream to look like a Neapolitan. I used a mixture of Collall All Purpose glue in a Woodware Fine Liner bottle and little slivers of thin sticky pads to make the layers sit level
A great free gift indeed! It also includes a glass sundae dish shaped die, a little cherry die and a wafer patterned embossing folder. You just turn the ice cream cone upside down and it becomes a wafer :) Such a fun set to use. Watch this space to see what I made with the other bits and pieces!
And with our current glorious weather it seems very appropriate too.