Wednesday 24 August 2016

'I scream, you scream, we all scream' - part 2

Whilst making the 'ice cream cone' card last week, I also made this one - using the same free gift set from Die Cutting Essentials magazine, Issue 13 (July 2016):
I used:

- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style

- covered the front of the card blank with a panel of SU's 'Pool Party' card which had been trimmed to just slightly smaller than the card front

- next used a piece of SU's 'Soft Suede' to emboss a wafer pattern, using the embossing folder from the same set that the dies came with and trimmed it to just slightly smaller than the 'Pool Party' layer before gluing it in place

- I already had snippets of chocolate brown, cream and pink card for the ice cream whirls out on the desk so I added snippets of SU's 'Pool Party' and 'Soft Suede', plus a tiny snippet of red silk mirri card for the cherry and die cut all the elements I needed using that same little set of dies

- stamped the sentiment (again from the free set)  onto a piece of white card using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink, die cut it using a Spellbinders Labels 2 die and embossed round the edge using a ball ended embossing tool (for speed and ease)

- glued the white panel in place on top of the embossed 'wafer' layer

- then assembled the ice cream sundae dish and contents using a mixture of Collall All Purpose glue in a Woodware Fine Liner bottle and little slivers of thin sticky pads - on the bottom part of the dish to lift it a bit and make the layers sit level

I have to be honest and say that the quality of the sentiment stamps isn't brilliant, even using the Misti. But, the rest of the set (dies and embossing folder) more than makes up for that.


20 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Di, a delicious looking card love the embossing folder and the wafers! Have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making me want some ice cream! (good thing we don't have any in the fridge!) The brown bkgrnd really looks like the waffle cones and the ice cream just looks so yummy. Delightful, delicious card. I'm loving the new "you" on the blog! TFS & for the good thoughts you sent my way. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh yummy...such crisp beautiful embossing
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a delightful card!! This ice cream look very yummy!! :D I love these diecuts, and you have used them so well! Fabulous embossing on the waffle and the background, amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great ice cream card Di! I love the wafer pattern embossing folder - perfect!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, I had to get the magazine after seeing your previous creation, of course the newest issue happened to fall in my basket to lol. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card - love the ice cream sundae and the colours you've used.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need to find that magazine... I LOVE this card! Looks good enough to eat! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh honestly woman . . . will you STOP keep making me want ice cream! It's screaming hot today . . . I NEED ice cream.

    Lovely card . . . and fab free gift.

    Hugs, SArn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, just what we need in this hot weather.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the extra bits of the set that you have used here Di, the background embossing and the pretty sundae dish, and your ice cream looks good enough to eat. I know what you mean about the stamps, especially the sentiments, which unfortunately quite often don't stamp very cleanly, but with your Misti it looks fine. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I'm screaming, what a yummy card.

    Meena xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how this card puts me in the mind of a crispy sugar cone and some cold ice cream on these hot summer days! Brilliant make and so much fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks good enough to eat, love the embossing folder it has made some great wafers.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun card, Di--I want some ice cream now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Scrumptious fun card Di. I found with some of the poorer quality sentiment stamps that if I stamp them in brighter coloured inks they looked much better (must be a trick of the eye) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The waffle printed embossing folder is the bomb for this. Now I need some ice cream. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so good Di using all the goodies from the magazine already, mine are sitting in a little pile of things to use on the corner of my desk! Good job I've just eaten an ice cream as I might have had to go looking for one after seeing your super card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.