Mrs A's latest Butterfly challenge is a lovely pair of themes (as well as at least one butterfly of course). It's Butterflies and V is for Vases and/or Vanilla.
I'm late playing along but do hate to miss this challenge, even though I normally just play for fun it's good to tax the old grey matter. This is my card:
- 6" x 6" vanilla card blank. I actually checked the colour against a tub of Vanilla ice cream in the freezer, mad or what?!
- as the image panel I wanted to use was an oblong, to add balance I punched one edge of a strip of SU's 'Wisteria Wonder' card (from the snippets folder) using Fiskars 'Wavy Leaf Edger' punch (had to remind it who I was as it's so long since it saw the light of day!)
- adhered the edge strip down the right hand side of the card front and then trimmed off the top and bottom overlap once it was in place
- another snippet of SU's 'Wisteria Wonder' card stock onto which I stuck a Penny Black Stickeroo from the 'Painted Vase' sheet of stickers before trimming it down to a 'frame'
- glued the image and frame onto the card front and then added a little butterfly from the Penny Black 'April in Paris' Stickeroo sheet of stickers - thought it matched pretty well :)
- finally I stamped the corner sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from Phill Martin's Scribbled Corner Sentiments 'Everyday' set
I think Mr Mojo might just be peeking round the door of the craft room :)