The current challenge over at Less is More has the theme of 'What's outside your window' this current week. Either real life or in your imagination. I went for real life as we get hours of pleasure from watching the antics of a variety of birds in the garden, not least when they all queue up for a bath. The Stampin' Up stamp I used for my card sums it up really - they flick the water everywhere (some of the cleverer birds just sit underneath the bird bath and take a shower) and it's a constant job to keep topping up the water level for them.
Plus, over the past two weeks, we've spotted that our resident male robin has been joined by a 'wifelet' - so Spring must be in the air if he's let her onto his territory!
Bird bath plus robins - that's the focus of my Less is More entry this week:
- 4" x 5.75" white card blank
- a slightly smaller piece of white card stock, embossed using SU's 'Square Lattice' folder and glued onto the card front
- a stamp from SU's 'For the Birds' set, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and coloured in using Whispers Markers (they really do have the finest small tip on one end, ideal for colouring in little images)
- die cut the image using a die from the Lil' Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' set
- attached the image panel to the card front using thin sticky pads
I just looked back through the blog and it's just over three years since I posted about a really unusual phenomenon which occurred in said bird bath:
I know a good few of you were already visiting the blog/Playground back then - but for those who weren't and might want to see the original post about the 'ice spike' which appeared overnight - it's HERE. And it also appears on Wikipedia - fame for the Playground!