Edit - Sally over at Crafty Salutations has two one-day tickets for Ally Pally (19th/20th September) to offer to one of her followers. You can go with a friend for one day or on your own for both days - it's up to you. All Sally wants is for them to go to a good home. My name is in the hat for sure - why not hop over and add yourself into the draw by 3rd September if you'd like to be innit to win it?! You just need to be a follower and leave a comment - plus Sally's blog is a fun place (she's a great card maker, especially backgrounds and scenes - swoon!).
Back to the weekly blog post about Playground antics now - so what happened there then?! 92 entries this week - wahoo!! I couldn't believe it, as fast as I managed to clear the commenting, more of you arrived - what a wonderful turnout - and also what a headache doing the picks!!
But before the picks, my snippets card this week was made using a lovely stamp that Elizabeth sent to me - the image was an absolute joy to colour:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- a large snippet of SU's 'Wisteria Wonder' card stock
- a sheet of diagonally patterned DP from Wild Rose Studio's 'Wintry Christmas' paper pack, plus a long straight spotted snippet from the same pack - adhered down the centre just to break up the expanse of diagonal stripes
- the image was stamped onto a snippet of white card stock using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and the charming Molly Blooms cling rubber stamp, sent by Elizabeth, called 'Herb Box', then coloured using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils and Sansodor blending fluid
- then I die cut the image using a die from the Spellbinders 'Floral Ovals' set and added it to the card front - all done using Collall All Purpose glue
- instead of adding a little sentiment, I added a little butterfly from the Inkylicious 'Flutters 2' clear stamp set. Stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black' ink, coloured and blended as per the main image then tickled with clear Wink of Stella before being fussy cut and popped onto the image with a little piece of thin foam pad. It shimmers so prettily in real life
Let's hop straight into the weekly picks now. I've managed to 'twang' my back, happens on a regular basis, purely by twisting awkwardly. So, I'll type for as long as possible doing picks but might have to cut it a bit short:
Karen (Ladd) at long last. For ages I've wanted to, but didn't think I could as Karen uses Flickr. The other day, when I saw this great scene, I sat and worked out that I could download it, then save it to my own hard drive and then upload it from there! Wahoo! It takes a bit longer than just the copy and paste I can do from blogs - but really happy that you get to see this great card!
Little toot of my trumpet here - I was utterly delighted to be showcased over at Less is More on Friday with this card:
So there you have the weekly picks - and I hung on in there and managed to do 10!!
And we have a two new little playmates this week:
I totally love this card, so soft and gentle. Wonderful pale, softly sheened mistletoe and I truly thought at first that the sentiment had been stamped - in fact it's a wonderfully intricate Tattered Lace die cut!
Onto the draw for the Cheery Lynn 'Choo Choo' train die and the Memory Box 'Modern Landscape Border' die now - and our winner is:
This coming week's prize is probably quite easy to guess - first of all it's a beautiful Molly Blooms cling 'Herb Box' stamp the same as I used today (Elizabeth sent one for me and one for the toy box - thank you Elizabeth - so, so much!). I think this stamp would be brilliant for any gardener, of either sex, plus I've added in an Inkylicious 'Flutters 2' clear stamp set the same as I also used today, 'cos it was knocking on the toy box lid demanding to be added in :)
Maximum of three entries and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Also, if you already have one of them or aren't really interested in winning both of the packets of stamps but still would like to play for just the one - please say so and if your number is picked as the winner then I'll do a second draw for the other one.
However, the prize IS for both items unless I'm told otherwise in a comment. Do remember that you should also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Di and of course, Parsnip!