Straight in, here's my snippets card:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- an adorable stamp I bought a while ago, one of those you sigh over for ages before risking playing with it in case you don't do it justice. It's foam mounted and made by Whimsy Stamps, called 'Wyanet' which means 'beautiful' in North American Indian apparently - and she totally stole my heart. Coloured with Pro Markers, some tickles of Adirondack 'Aqua' ink pad and a cloud template (which have disappeared in the photo) and then die cut with the largest of the Nesties 'Floral Ovals' die set
- I used SU's 'Coastal Cabana' card stock to back the patterned papers which are one whole 'kind of flowery' sheet and a striped snippet, both from a Raspberry Road' 'Love Lives Here' paper pad, free gift with Quick Cards Made Easy magazine. The 'belly band' hides the fact that the striped snippet wasn't wide enough for the card so I halved it and just stuck it onto either end of the full width 'Coastal Cabana' backing strip and the image hides the gap
- the feathers were die cut from a selection of teeny snippets I dug out from the snippets folder, I used a Memory Box die called 'Wild Feathers' and just tied a snippet of twine round them. Ha, that turquoise feather was in and out of the set more often than a fiddlers elbow - in the end I left it in for a touch of brighter colour and to pull the turquoise 'Coastal Cabana' together :)
- the sentiment is LOTV from the 'Dreamy Days' set, stamped using Memento 'Toffee Crunch' ink pad and then hand cut
- lastly I added coppery brown Josy Rose nail heads to three corners and a turquoise Josy Rose star-shaped nail head to Wyanet's head dress. There was a star there in the design already but I thought she might like a little bit of 'bling' and the nail head fitted perfectly
So onto this week's picks - and what a headache you gave me, as usual!
How about this for an amazing way to use up snippets? So colourful and a brilliant design by Squirrel.
And we had some super makes this week which just HAVE to be included as pop-up/exploding/flap/etc. boxes are absolutely all the rage just now:
And then Debs raced into the Playground, unaware of Mary Anne's box, with these:
Whew, I could keep going but those are my picks for this week!
And, we have three new playmates too - yay!
Welcome to the Snippets Playground girls, hope you see you back again really soon :)
And now, the winner of the set of Patchwork Templates is:
And this coming week's prize is of course your very own 'Wyanet' stamp, plus a Memory Box 'Wild Feathers' die set. I know that feathers are really popular right now and I dithered for ages over which set to buy, I love the big ones but plumped for the MB set as they aren't too big to go with an image :)
As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 29th March and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize. Of course, if you're really only interested in one part of the prize than say so and I'll do a second draw for whichever item you don't want.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.
Have a great week - let's hope that the signs of Spring continue, but don't take your Winter vests off just yet! And, it's Rudolph Day beginning on Tuesday over at Sarn's as well as a new Butterfly challenge over at Mrs A's on Wednesday - ha, they should keep you all out of mischief..........for an hour or two at least!
Di (and a wave from Parsnip)