Sunday 30 March 2014

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 118

What a week for changeable weather in the Playground, sunshine, showers, unrelenting rain, hailstones and even a quick flurry of snow! But, that didn't deter you lovely folk from coming to play. We had 56 entries this week - wahoo!

So, here's my snippets card - a super fast one:

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card blank

- a snippet of pink card from the snippets folder, for both the frame and the speech bubble

- sheet of backing paper from Prima's 'Firefly' paper pad

- Penny Black Stickeroos from the 'Pond-side Celebration' sheet. I flipped the backing paper so it looks a bit like a river bank reflection where the pre-printed swirls are - if you can't visualise that then the fishing frog is levitating as if he's on a magic carpet instead of the lily pad :( Even the little dragonfly came from the Stickeroo sheet

- the sentiment (from LOTV's 'General Greetings - Small' set) was stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' onto another snippet of the pink backing card then die cut using a Docrafts 'Speech Bubble' die

- three little pink pearls to finish off

Onto this week's picks - so many gorgeous entries too - you really are such a clever little bunch!The finished card
I just love the clever design of this card made by Pippa, look at those snippets butterflies fluttering out of the envelope. And the way they graduate in size - perfect!

Jean made this gorgeous card, I do so love the ivy against the brick wall and then popped onto an embossed brick wall.

This card, made by Liz W, jumped out of the screen at me - LOVE the vibrant flowers against the 'bark' background!

I think Kath deserves a prize for her tenacity in making 10 correction 29 of these darling Christmas cards. AND, probably a huge glass of wine 'cos she's been having real trouble all week uploading photos to Blogger. So much so I thought she was ready to throw the towel in and shut up shop!

WOW, this is just stunning isn't it! Made by Jan with such an elegant look to it. Jan was wondering if the piece of ribbon mesh counted as a snippet - YES, it sure does! 

How about this for a fabulous piece of mixed media artwork then? Made by Hazel (kbrandy4), using lots of snippets - love it!

Ooops, sorry Brenda, I had to reduce the size to large on here 'cos the image was drifting off the right hand side. However girls, aren't these just adorable? And so clever of Brenda to colour match the little hats on the robins to the snippets of backing paper!

I could happily show each of Sue J's three entries, but this is the one that tickled me the most and it's beautiful. I can just imagine you lot doing this in the Playground - lights, camera, action!

And here's a fabulous wicker heart, beautifully decorated by Karen P - absolutely stunning!

Crumbs, that's nine picks this week and believe me each and every entry in the Playground is wonderful so if you aren't a pick just remember that we all love your work and get so, so much inspiration from you.

And we have one new playmate this week:

I love this Spring card Maarit - hope you come back to play again soon!

And the winner of last week's prize (the 'Wyanet' stamp and the Memory Box 'Wild Feathers' die - just like the ones I used on my snippets card last week) is:

Carol L
Well done Carol, peeking at your comment on the 'Wyanet' card I made, my guess is that you'll be happy with this win :) I have your address still and will post the prize off to you this week.

And this coming week's prize is - Penny Black Stickeroos of course:
Eight sheets in total, four are fun and funky (including those frogs of course!) and four are floral. Many thank to Kim for sending me some, and I added a few others as well. These are just great for quick cards!

A quick word about the Playground toy box - we have lots of prizes waiting there so if you sent me anything and it hasn't been offered yet don't worry. I have a Playground notebook and everything is written down, along with the names of senders, before being tucked into the toy box to await its turn!

As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 5th April and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Have a great week - the forecast is good for us in the UK this weekend, yippee!! If you're in the UK, hope you remembered to change the clocks - Spring = forward :)

Di (and a wave from Parsnip)
x

45 comments:

  1. A fabulous card from you, Miss Di and what a lot of lovely picks too! Hope you got some sunshine today. Hugs to you and Parsnip too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful, my DH will love this card (he's a frog person). You had your work cut out for you this week, picking some highlights, and so happy to see Miss Carol won the sweet stamp & feather die. She'll use it so well. Hope to get back later, and no thanks to the stickers. They're lovely but I have some of them awready. Hugs & hope you have some great weather for the wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW, I've been on the run all day and just checked out your post to find that I've won those awesome feather dies and that sweet Wyanet stamp!! THank you SOooo much!! I'm really excited to see my name was chosen!
    Ladies, your projects last week were awesome! There's always so much inspiration to find in the playground!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous collection of picks... they are all lovely. Great Stickeroos...... I LUV the froggies. Your card using them is fabulous :-)
    Hope to join in later :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Carol! Some great hilights shown here Miss.
    It was a week full of gorgeous projects!

    Your cards is a sweetie. Love those frisky looking frogs...something about them makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at me coming early this week! I've brought my knapsack with everything from sandals to snowboots, just in case!

    You know how much I love your froggy card, Di! It just makes a person smile down to their toes!!

    Awesome highlights again this week and congratulations to the artists! And no thank you again this week on the generous prize!

    Enjoy the week of forecasted good weather, fingers crossed! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow can't believe some people enter before I've even woke up!! Great picks again this week. I really look forward to this post each week as it's just lovely to see the entries together.
    Love the froggies card - so cute.
    Will be joining in asap.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Miss Di, and the wonderful Parsnip.
    what a very delightful snippets creation this week.
    Love the super colours.
    I have just entered my entry for this week.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant picks this week. I loved the butterflies flying out of the envelope too
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your cute frog card there Di.

    Fabulous picks of the week too - and congrats to Carol L on her win.

    Hope to play along this week after skiving for 2 weeks (I have a note).

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is gorgeous Di I lurveeeee the frogs!! fabulous picks too and thank you so much for showing mine..lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is what I call a fabulous week of projects! Congrats Carol, I know where to find those dies! Those PB froggies are just too cute. I only own one and just love coloring it. Your creation is adorable. Here is to another fun week at the playground.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Di, those frogs are the cutest, and I love the pink balloon! I love how the dsp looks like water on the bottom, and is it just me, or does anyone else see a girl's face on the left wearing glasses with tousled white/blonde hair in that lower pattern design? LOL My eyes often see things no one else does! LOL
    No thanks to the prize draw this week. I'm already a very lucky winner from last week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just uploaded my snippets card!

    Happy Mothers Day!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the soft colours in you cute froggy card Di.
    Wonderful showcase again this week well done to everyone, and thank you so much for showing my card amongst them.
    Congratulations to Carol for winning the lovely prize, have fun with it.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing how you incorporated those stickers! I have never used any, I wouldn't know how and you created this gorgeous scene! Gives me a big smile! Have a great week, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just Brilliant Di, those stickaroos are fantastic. Would never have thought to use them this way.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Miss. I aaaaaaaaaaaaam baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Gorgeous card there Miss. Have you missed me then?
    Looks like I have some catching up to do now!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab card Di, Just loving these stickeroos they are so quick and easy to use you have made another briliant card.........congrats Carol and again a stunning showcase well done all xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super snippets card once again, Di - and such inspiration from the playground - it's a wonder anyone has time to chill out and have a go on the swings! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well Di I will apologise now for my boozy bunny, as if this sort of behaviour ever existed in the playground - nay a thousand time nay!

    Love your froggy card by the way - although I am now singing along with Kylie and Jason - not pretty!

    Big hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Di

    A lovely card from you again .. .. the backing papers are gorgeous. I thought the little dragonfly was part of the design until I read your post.

    Lots of fabby makes from the playmates too.

    Hope you have had a lovely day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Di for choosing my entry to showcase alson with some stunning entries that would have been my choice too.
    There were actually 29 cards, this poor photo only shows 10 and to be honest it was;t the chosen photo but hey I got one finally uploaded so it had to do.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love these cute little frogs, Di! I brought some high steppin' chicks to join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh Di you make the loveliest cards just adore this one so very much well done you!! and wow what a lvoely lot of ones from the playground..
    I am crook again but going to try and visit some folks on mobile and leave comments where able, a bit trickier than computer... life is never dull.. :D every blessing, and hug for Parsnip. Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Here I am . . . complete with Note! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Chasing me tail here (well would if I had one) as lots of deadlines to meet. Here's one of em. Just playing for fun this week as have some of them there Stickeroos already.
    hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your super froggies card. Just playing for fun this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for the shout out Miss! I loved making that wreath - even though it is for someone else I enjoyed it a whole lot!
    Lovely cards you have spotlighted too and the word is spreading out there to use them snippets up!
    Here is my first entry this week but I will say no thank you for the prizes Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just popping into drop off another card...off to check out your latest post...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Back again! Lovely to see that Moe Joe is visiting lots of Playmates and it's only Tuesday!! (No thank you.) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your fun frog card is a delight Di, just the thing to cheer us up :) As usual you've chosen some beauties for the showcase - all perfect use of snippets. Will be checking out as many as I can now but hope to be joining in again myself soon. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm a frog lover and those two are rather cute. Lovely card Di. Thanks for featuring my flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  34. It's always amazing to see the playground picks Di - so many different styles! You work so hard at this and it is very much appreciated. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi, I linked up another card - just leave me out of the drawing this time - I don't think I would use stickers, although they are darn cute...

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a fun froggy card you made. I love your picks. It is always such a treat to peruse the entries from last time. Everyone is so clever in their own ways.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the frogs and the card you have made with them. Those stickeroos are so useful aren't they? Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Just added my snippet card for this week Di ... one made some time ago but not posted until now. Please count me out for the draw ... you know me, I'm a Stickeroo fan already and have most of the sheets tucked away in my stash already :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Back with my third card this week...and it is a whoops I made a booboo card...not once but twice! lol

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Miss Di, and the wonderful Parsnip.

    just put my 2nd entry into this weeks challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Amazing picks this week, Di--such talent in the playground! I love your card--so cute & would bring a smile to anyone! I'll pass on the prize--just entering for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Di, your card is gorgeous - as usual! And what amazing talent there is in the Playground, too! Inspiring!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oops, I misread the instructions - sorry, Miss! Please don't enter me into the draw, ma'am! *tugs forelock* Thank'ee, ma'am! x

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Di, just scraping in at the last minute here! Whew. I'll just play for fun this week, hope to go see what everyone's been up to shortly, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.