Bet that's got you going - Part 1 of the Playground. That's because I've been forbidden to sit too long in the craft room by Len, so Part 2 should follow tomorrow with luck. He's out right now (Saturday) so while the cat's away I want to at least kick-start this coming week's Mr Linky and show you the prize. Plus I did manage to make a snippets card and this is wot I did:
- 6" x 6" square cream card blank
- a snippet of cream card stock, onto which I stamped such a jolly Santa, called 'Noel 1' - made by PaperArtsy, and I used Versafine 'Vintage Sepia'. I rounded off opposite corners on the image. I'm afraid the photo is rubbish BTW as right now I can't easily raise both arms at once :(
- the very dark brown card backing, both behind the DP and the image, is from the snippets folder - then I popped the image on using sticky pads to raise it - the bulky bow has already taken this card into large letter thickness so what the heck
- the patterned paper was cut from a fresh sheet (slap my wrists) from the LOTV 'Krafty Christmas' paper pad
- the ribbons are from the ribbon box, plain brown satin and brown organza with a striped edge, layered and tied together in a bow
- then I just added a snowflake charm (from a packet made/sold by Inky Doodles), originally silver but 'vintaged' using my darkest brown Pro Marker and some black too, tied on in 'Jules style' with brown shiny cord
This coming week's prize is, as so often, connected to today's card:
The Playground gates will close at 11am UK time
on Saturday 23rd November and the gates will open again at
midnight UK time on the Saturday as usual. Maximum of three entries and please
say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the
winner of the prize this week, as shown above. In fact, you might
want to play for only one part of the prize - both items do constitute
one prize but if there's only one thing you'd use please do say in a
comment and I'd just draw again for the second item as well.
Mr Linky is below - do please
let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you
quite quickly and am always happy to do so.
So, I 'm sorry this is only half a snippets Playground post - I'll be back (no pun intended!) tomorrow with the results of last week's draw (it takes me time to double check that potential winners haven't already commented 'no thanks', I normally note this down during the week but my brain was elsewhere I suspect!), picks of the week and of course our usual welcome to our new playmates.
See you then I hope!
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards where the theme is 'monochromatic'
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for November ' Anything goes'