- 5" x 7" white card blank
- lots of snippets of white pearlescent card
- the snowy background was embossed using one of the very first embossing folders I ever bought - Cuttlebug's 'Snowflakes' - sadly discontinued. Although I've discovered that Sizzix do a really nice 'falling snow' one as part of a double set called 'Christmas Words and Dots'. I know that a few of you have been looking for this particular folder so it's worth Googling. Prices vary vastly so do shop around, I've found the set available in the UK, USA and Australia
- the adorable reindeer were die cut using 'Deer Trio', by Memory Box and popped behind a die cut 'Lamp Post Frame', also by Memory Box. I might add some Stickles to the light/lamp itself, the jury is still out here :)
- the silver lettered greeting is by Craftwork Cards, popped onto a larger oval punched using SU's 'Large Oval' punch
- added a snippet of white pearlescent ribbon across one corner - I often use ribbons this way on gifts but have never thought to do it on a card. Spotted the idea on a blog this week - sigh, I can't recall whose blog to give it credit though :(
- and the final touch, die cut snowflakes, layered up and then a clear glass brad added to the centre - the dies are from Whimsy's 'Layered Snowflake Die Set'
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge, where this week's theme is 'Outdoors'
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for November where it's always 'Anything Goes'
Allsorts Challenge - week 232 'White Christmas'
So, as ever, such a hard job to select a few 'Playground Picks' this week:
We have two new Playmates this week as well - please welcome:
Welcome girls, hope you come back and play really soon :)
Phew, that was a marathon this week - we had 56 entries so I'm really hoping we hit the magic 60 in time for the 100 weeks milestone!
And the winner of last week's prize of the Penny Black stamp donated by Viv, and the My Mind's Eye paper pad is:
And our prize this coming week? Two of the die sets I used on my card today:
And, the Whimsy 'Layered Snowflake Die Set'.
The Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 16th November and the gates will open again at midnight UK time on the Saturday as usual. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize this week, as shown above. In fact, you might want to play for only one part of the prize - both items do constitute one prize but if there's only one thing you'd use please do say in a comment and I'd just draw again for the second item as well.
Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.
Have a lovely week! I'm off out to play today with Mrs. A - a little trip up to the NEC in Birmingham to see what we can find at the Hobbycrafts Show. I'm taking a little toolkit with me, still haven't gotten over someone (not me!) ripping a soap dispenser off the wall in the ladies 'restroom' at Ally Pally a while back :) Wish me luck, I hear it was very busy there already!
And just to keep you on your toes, I'm posting this at 10pm UK time on Saturday 'cos we have an early start in the morning and I want to be sure it's up and running and the gates are open for you OK :)
Di (and Parsnip of course, who is whispering ideas about how to celebrate 100 weeks of the Playground here)