My snippets card this week is for a little neighbour who will be five on Guy Fawkes night and who absolutely adores his bicycle:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- image is another pre-coloured one by LOTV
- papers from the 6" x 6" 'Quilting Bee' paper pad by My Mind's Eye, the red dog tooth check is a snippet from the pad and the grey is a whole sheet. What's great about this pad is that, although the fronts of most papers are sewing themed, the reverses are perfect for cards for chaps, young and old
- snippet of red card to back the main image and the Craftwork cards sentiment, die cut with Nesties scalloped dies
- I even managed to squeeze the number 5 out of the teeniest snippet of leftover red card, die cut using a number set by Britannia Dies
- then I just popped 'JOSH' on, using white card candy plus their tiny little lettering stamp set and SU 'Real Red' ink pad
Josh and his little brother Luke were amongst our Halloween visitors - bless, when I held the Halloween tub of treats out for them, little Luke (who's not yet two) smiled up at me and promptly dropped one of his own candy bars into the bucket :) He'll learn I know but it was so sweet and innocent.
OK, onto this week's picks and we have an absolute *STAR* of the Playground this week I'm sure you'll agree, it's our Mrs. A with the most fabulous garden scene:
I happen to know that Mrs A loves Michael Powell stamps so I had a little rummage in the toy box and found this as a little gift for her making one of our best snippets makes ever:
We had loads of other fabulous makes too, and we're up to 55 entries for the second week running - that elusive 60 in within sight I'm sure.
Here are a few other little picks:
The only reason I limit entries to three is to make the random draw fair. Even if I ignored fourth and fifth etc. entries my mathematical brain tells me that the probability/odds would still be skewed so we'll stick with three. Mind you, more than one snippets card in a single post but with just one link is still fine :) And I don't mind, if it 's within the weekly three, if folk link two different makes from the same post either - I really do need to write up them 'rools' to make it totally clear :(
And we have a new Playmate as well so please welcome Mary Anne K who brought this lovely card, with the most wonderful sentiment:
So, onto last week's draw - and the winner of the poinsettia dies and the Winter Bunny stamp (drawn by Random Number) is the lady who made this fabulous card:
Which reminds me girlies, I did go out on Friday and post all your prizes that were drawn during and after holiday.
This week's prize is a mix of Christmas of and non-Christmas - first up it's this lovely Penny Black Slapstick 'Warmest Wishes' stamp, kindly donated by Viv:
as well as the same paper pad from me, well a new one of course, that I used in my snippets card today by My Mind's Eye called 'Quilting Bee', you can see what I meant about it being a mix of sewing and also good for masculine cards:
Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.
Have a lovely week!
Di (and Parsnip who is sitting right beside me here waving at you)