Who doesn't remember believing in magical things as a child - my Teddy knew all my secrets and I really believed he had a little heart that beat, eyes that wisely watched and ears that listened sympathetically - I still do really :)
Today's card was made for Livi, to be sent to her along with the card for Mia I showed yesterday:
- 6" x 6" square white card stock
- image from LOTV's 'Fairies' Art Pad - pre-coloured, die cut using Nesties Labels Eight and layered onto a snippet of SU's 'Rich Razzleberry' card - hand cut in the usual way. 'Tickles of Stickles' in 'Cherry Ice' and 'Star Dust' were added to parts of the image. Grandad Len wanted her name on the card so I added it underneath the image - using gold peel offs
- the main backing mat is SU's 'River Rock', which was then topped with the butterfly paper from Wild Rose Studio's 'Butterfly Garden' paper pad
- sentiment is LOTV, stamped using Brilliance 'Pearlescent Crimson' - looks nowt like Crimson to me, but it does match 'Rich Razzleberry'!
- teeny butterflies were die cut with SU's 'Beautiful Wings' from snippets and topped with teeny little pearls
- white polka-dot organza ribbon, tied in a bow and topped with a butterfly charm (again, thanks to Jules) and pink metallic cord
I'm entering this into LOTV's June Challenge, which is to use a LOTV sentiment on your entry (thanks Brenda for bringing this to my attention!).
Hmmm, no hedgehog visits for a couple of nights - two have been coming to feed each night recently. Whilst I was away on my 'jollies', Len says he saw them fighting - in fact am sure it wasn't a fight. Think Len needs biology lessons and it's most likely they were cosying up as hedgehogs do - perhaps they've eloped? :)
Edit: We did have a hedgie visit in the end - flipped the cover off the dish and tucked in like there was no tomorrow. Although Spike's Mama never taught him/her that it's rude to put your front paws in the feeding dish - elbows OFF the table please! Crumbs, I remember having my knuckles well and truly rapped with a dessert spoon by my Dad for putting my elbows on the table as a kid :(