I just got some really lovely small Whimsical Designs sentiments stamps from the USA - they did take a little while to get here but are so worth the wait. Quite a few are small enough to use with the SU 'Word Window' punch and even more fit into the slightly larger SU 'Modern Label' punch just fine - a bit of a find. And this is what I made for a first outing of one of them:
- A6 cream linen card stock
- Penny Black Stickeroo from the 'Garden Poems' sheet. What's fabulous about this particular stickeroo is that the edge was already 'pinked' and then given a muted distressed look during manufacture
- more cream linen card for the background, which I trimmed using the 'pinking' blade on the Woodware trimmer
- SU 'Rich Razzleberry' card for backings
- sentiment from Whimsical Designs' sentiments set called 'Whimsical Fun - Vol. 1'. Here's the link to the shop - I'm positive it would have been one of you gals who used the range and sent me flying off to buy :) I stamped the sentiment using Memento 'Peanut Brittle' then punched using SU's 'Word Window' punch and layered onto a snippet of 'Rich Razzleberry' punched with SU's 'Modern Label' punch
- a couple of 'Rich Razzleberry' butterflies were punched from a teeny snippet using Woodware's smallest butterfly punch (forgot I had the SU Butterfly die!)
- and the little teensy weensy pink gems on the butterflies are actually 'nail art gems' - I sure do need to get out more!
Wahoo - Friday and the weekend beckons. I hope the sun shines for you all :)
Remember, three entries into the Snippets Playground before Saturday noon UK time gives you a chance to win a 'Water Droplets' stamp..........and an additional chance for another one if you entered three times last week as well. Will you just listen to me please.........................for once?!
Edit: Oh dear, I think there's a bit of confusion. As is the case each week, you only need to enter ONE snippets make to be in the main draw - which this week is the SU stamp set. But, of course doing three entries increases your chances. It's a minimum of three entries a week for the Water Droplets stamp, but that's only because it's a bit of a one-off.