I used:
- 4" x 4"white card blank, side opening
- added a 3.75" x 3.75" square of paper from the Honey Bee 'Make it Ma\w\erry' paper pad
- for the wreath I used a NBUS set of dies by Memory Box called Bountiful Wreath' which I did cut from snippets of dark green card for the back layer Then cut some fresh sheets of paper from the Crafters Companion 'Ink Drops - Organic; paper pad - all gorgeous shades of green, shot through with touches of gold coloured ink. They did add some variation but the papers from that range are mostly best suited to backgrounds
- after gluing the two wreath die cuts together for stability, and gluing it to the card front, it needed more dimension. So out of the packet came a single die with two little leaf sprigs of the same ilk as the main wreath. I die cut the double sprigs from four different little snippets I found lurking stored in the back of the paper pack
- then added four of the sprigs around the main wreath
- popped eight Marianne 'Duotone Red' enamel dots onto the wreath and it, in turn, popped into life!
- final touch, a Craftwork Cards pre-printed Christmas Sentiment was added to the centre of the wreath using a large sticky pad
For the first time in months, and certainly not since I hurt my arm whist attempting a triple flip along the upstairs landing here and falling badly, I used my Cuttlebug for much of the die cutting! Happy days indeed.
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Allsorts Challenge #857 - HERE - under 'Anything Goes'
- Darnell's NBUS Challenge #90 HERE - the NBUS 'Bountiful Wreath' was pre-loved and unopened. Very few examples seem to pop up when doing a search on Google but I suspect it's at least six years old
The results from Sarn's Challenge #537 are now published in the Snippets Playground HERE.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!
This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.