Happy Snippets Sunday, from an absolutely roasting hot Hampshire. Somehow, in all the unrelenting heat, I thought about Christmas for my card today:
I used:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, tent style
- deep blue snippet of Creative Expressions' 'Deep Blue' card, slightly trimmed to 5.25" x 4" then glued onto the card front
- snippets of white card from the snippets basket along with coloured snippets from the Papermill Swatches that I still cant bear to part with - two greens, two reds and a maroon! Yup, maroon - not brown I promise!
- spent a happy time die cutting the pieces for the decorated candy cane using my little Altenew die cutting machine and a set of Crafter's Companion dies called 'Retro Christmas - Candy cane and foliage'. A pre-loved item bought from Facebook
- assembled the candy cane and foliage using a glue pen then added the bow using very narrow red line tape
- then, using a small unbranded NBUS stamp from a good friend, I stamped the 'Special friend' Christmas sentiment using Clair Nocturne, then die cut it using a little label die, which was another gift!
- just stuck the label into the assembled bow using very narrow red line tape
-- final step was to add snipped pieces of thin sticky pad for dimension to the back of the assembled candy cane, bow and stamped label, then gently press it in place on the card front
- finished!
I'm entering the following challenges:
Allsorts #856 HERE - 'Embossing or dry heat- or 'Anything Goes' , which is where I'm entering this card. I did dry emboss a background using the Gemini originally but the embossing wasn't sharp enough to use and I was wilting in the heat .... so cut my losses and opted for the plain deep blue!
Darnell's NBUS Challenge August 2026 - HERE - all the dies, from two sets, plus the label stamp for the sentiment came from my stash of NBUS goodies!
Christmas Kickstart Challenge #113 - HERE - the theme is 'Friendship'
Dudley Pupdate: Dudley is such a wise little chap! He lies just inside the shower room door off our bedroom - cannily catching a nice down draft from the bedroom air-con unit. We'll be on bread and jam when the electricity bill comes in, and that's on just one appliance - so it has its down side. If you see Dudley sidling around the Playground offering to help out with any odd jobs then it's because he doesn't fancy living on jam sandwiches!
Him taking up residence in the shower room to cool off at various times of the day and night is 'fun' when I need to use the toilet. He now knows the trigger word for 'please vacate your spot for a short time' It's 'Pigeon'!!
Born from Len's observation that, like most pigeons, when approached he always seems to move in any direction other than OUT of the way! Which is uncannily accurate! So I can be found during the night whispering 'Please move PIGEON' as I approach the shower room! And, I kid you not - it works, but he's NOW taken to very pointedly sitting outside the room, almost rolling his eyes, just waiting for me to get the heck out of his cool place so he can lie down again!
Sarn has opened up Challenge #539 in the Snippets Playground HERE. A brilliant and fun prize bundle to be won too. See you in the paddling pool! There could be a long queue/line!
Love as always, Dudley and yours truly,

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!
This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.