Sunday 13 October 2024

Sunday Snippets - 'You are unique'

My snippets card this time was triggered by the arrival of a surprise package from a lovely friend. Amongst the delicious hand crafted goodies, templates and ideas she had included the offcuts from some Gelli plate pulling she used when making up the package contents. It called out to me, so I made this to share with you:


I used:

- 4.75" x 3.5" silkweave pale ivory linen card blank, side opening - odd size due to being left over from making A2 cards from the same card pack. Therefore a snippet!

- the gelli pull paper snippet wasn't huge but so very lovely and I knew fairly quickly exactly what to do with it - first of all I mounted it onto a snippet of white card using double sided sticky sheet 

- worked out the positioning and size of the main stamp and trimmed the gelli snippet to the size I wanted, then backed it with a slightly larger black frame using a snippet of Tonic 'Black Velvet' Satin effect mirror card - used Collall glue for that step. Sort of working backwards at this point - with the trimming to fit the card size

- then stamped the image, using a stamp from the AALL & Create 'Long-Eared Mammal' set of stamps and a VersaFine Clair 'Nocturne' ink pad

- then picked out a 'You are unique' sentiment strip from the Clarity 'Words Sticker Collection' and popped it into position on the lower left- hand side of the little panel (cheating but quick!)

- finally, added the completed panel to the card front, using thin sticky strips - and called it 'done'!

I loved making this card, wanting to do the background piece of paper worked by a friend some proper justice. Quietly rewarding I think.

I'd like to enter this card into:

Darnell's NBUS Challenge#6- the AALL & Create 'Long-Eared Mammal' set of stamps was having a first outing

Also Allsorts #802 - under the anything goes option

Dudley Pupdate: During this previous week, Len and I went together to have our Covid and flu vaccinations. A saga ............... of which I'll spare you all the details - be grateful! However, whilst waiting for me outside the Chemist's shop with Len, a defensive Dudley barked at anyone who walked past the door where he last saw his Mum - naughty boy! Then, not content with that - up came the rear end and he did a full squat to leave his little trademark 💩. WHAT? He already did that earlier on home territory - did he keep it in reserve? Thank goodness for always having emergency poop bags on hand! Smiling here - I think that Len returned home rather traumatised and ready for a lie down in a darkened room! I think we've moved from StroppyTeenager to Antagonistic Adult overnight!

Very importantly, we have a new Challenge #491 being run by our lovely Sarn over HERE! Do please come and play - no doubt there will be goodies for cooler days to be had in the tree house!

Love from myself and Dudley, 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.