Sunday 8 September 2024

Sunday Snippets - Streamlined Sprig

1Not too long ago I spotted one of my super-enablers (our much loved Darnell) using a die set that I fell in love with and HAD to have. Fortunately, despite being a USA Altenew product, it's stocked by a UK supplier. Here's my card and the leftover snippets:


I used:

- white card blank, trimmed to 5'5" x 4.25", tent style

- a piece of the same white cardstock - I use Craft UK card blanks ( just under 6" square) and cut them down to size for most of my card blanks then, when I want matching front panels, I use half a card (ie. the front or back) to play with .... and keep the other piece for the future of course

- die cut the white panel using a couple of dies from the Spellbinders 'Hemstitch Rectangles to form the edging pattern, I used the 'Venise Lace' set of dies as it looks a little Art Deco to me, then set it to one side

- next came the flower spray - I used a gorgeous set of Altenew dies called 'Streamlined Sprigs' to die cut the main stem and outlines from a snippet of Tonic 'Black Velvet' card stock

- next, used a couple of snippets of Lindy's Magical Shakers pieces, made way back in April, to die cut the flowers and the leaf

- glued the outline and the flowers and leaves together

- time to stamp the sentiment, using a VersaFine Clair 'Nocturne' inkpad and a sentiment stamps from Woodware's 'Deco Sayings' set - a real favourite of mine

- used the floral sprig to position the sentiment using a medium sized Misti then stamped the sentiment in the bottom left hand corner

- then added the Altenew floral sprig using glue pens

- added a slightly smaller piece of thin foam sheet behind the front panel

- glued the front panel to the card front - I used Collall All Purpose glue for this and the previous step

- finished! 

You may wonder what I do with so many unwanted 6" x 6" envelopes when I merrily chop down the UK Craft card blanks. I do chop them up to refill my 5.75" x 4" 'pad' of paper slips - and also give Len a wadge for his little 'notes to self' that we all seem to do. Mindlessly chopping is truly very therapeutic!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

- Darnell's NBUS challenge #66 - HERE - the Altenew 'Streamlined Sprig' die set had its first outing

- Allsorts Challenge 797# - HERE - under the 'Anything goes' option. The proper theme is Autumn Colours - nice one ladies!

Dudley Pupdate: We've had a fairly normal week here - whatever 'normal' is of course! It's rained, a LOT! So Dudley (the water hater supreme) has resisted venturing out, a LOT. We've gently 'toed him into the rain'. A bit when he was obviously crossing his legs and also when clenching his nether regions! Sometimes, I think a 'normal' dog who skips round in the rain and loves puddles would be great - but, not half as funny as Dudley 'Rain Avoidance Antics' I suspect! I also suspect that Dudley would hang on for the toilet when it's raining until his eyes pop out!

Remember, the results from Challenge #485 are now published in the Snippets Playground HERE. 

Do come and play with us in the Snippets Playground - the more, the merrier! Dudley is willing to hold one end of the skipping rope!

Love as always, Dudley and yours truly,



14 comments:

  1. This flower is very pretty Di and love the pink flower heads with the grey leaves using Lindy's Magicals snippets and framed beautifully with the Hemstitch frame, and as it does have the Art Deco look about it the stylised sentiment looks perfect as a finishing touch. Dudley's antics when it rains and he doesn't want to have to go out make me smile. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS card Di, it really is a lovely die.
    My great nephew’s Vizsla is a water hater too. The family have been known to take her out to do her business covering her with a big umbrella!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can see the appeal of that die Di, very stylish with an almost Art Deco feel to it. Many thanks for joining u s over at Alsorts, always nice to have your company.

    Hope the 'peepers' are all OK now and performing well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a bit of Art Deco and I can quite see why you NEEDED this die set which you've combined beautifully with the other items used for this elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O wow, that's a great die!! I love the card you made with it: simple but very effective!! Wish you a nice sunday,
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a perfect pairing of Art Deco flower and sentiment. Love that gem stitch die for the border too. All in all a really gorgeous card.

    Chuckling at Dudley’s “rain avoidance antics”.
    Happy Sunday xxx 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops typo - my “Gem” stitch was meant to say “hem” stitch. Soz Miss! Xxx

      Delete
  7. This is lovely Di the Art Deco is so effective love that flower die too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why you had to have this pretty die - it really makes one gorgeous card! I especially like the decorative stitching around the edges too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Art Deco style card Di, I love the combo of flower and edging dies with the sentiment - perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card with such a "deco" feel, great use of both NBUS and snippets too Miss Di!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Art Deco flower Di! A super way of using up snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darnell's blog will do that to you lol! This is a beautiful CAs design. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautifully done and great choice of color for this CAS design. Thanks so much for sharing this week at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.