Sunday 9 June 2024

Sunday Snippets - a triptych card

I decided to play with a new die set and made a triptych card - I've been admiring a few of these made by Playmates lately, notably Sarn, Brenda and Pauline:

I know - when I finally remember to take a photo of the leftover snippets - they're pitiful!

I used:

- a piece of pale ivory linen effect card from a FULL sheet, die cut using the main die from Studio Light's 'STENCILSL253' set of dies *** - I then used an embossing board to draw a line down the faint fold lines for easier folding 

- snippets of Tonic's fabulous pearlescent 'Majestic Gold' card - I keep every single scrap tucked into the currently open packets of each colour and the width of most of them is perfect for the set of dies I was using for this card

- used the larger Studio Lights single panel die to cut three gold panels and set them aside

- then, due to current limitations on lifting and bending (sigh) I pulled outa DCWV pa per pad from the bookshelf behind where I sit. I've had it for many years simply to gaze at and gently stroke much of the time! Yup, it's that super 'Mariposa' 8" x 8" butterfly themed paper pad that many of us totally loved a long time ago - so beautifully gilded on many of the sheets. I think I've only ever used two sheets before making this card

- spent some time browsing through the pad and finally settled on one single sheet to use - which I die cut using the smaller of the Studio Lights single panel dies

- glued the die cuts one on top of the other (Majestic Gold outer frames) and then onto the card front so that the card, when folded for posting, has the more colourful panel showing as the front

- all that was left to do was to add the words to the centre panel - taken from the Clarity Stamp 'Words Sticker' Collection - one longish sentiment trimmed into two parts worked a treat

- finished! The card will fit into a small slimline envelope with room to spare

***The Studio Light set of dies was nowhere to be found in the UK. I eventually tracked it down in the USA - paid a very reasonable price and only £2.01 postage. Sent via courier by air to the UK and got here in five or six days - wow! It's the genuine article ..... I did wonder if it would prove to be too good to be true but happily was proved wrong. If you're interested in 'being enabled' - just drop me an email and I'll send you the direct link as it took me ages to track down such an amazing deal! And I'm not on commission BTW!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

- Darnell's NBUS challenge #63. The set of 'Studio Light' dies I used for the triptych are NBUS. 

- Allsorts Challenge Week 784 - under the 'Anything goes' option.

Dudley Pupdate: Dudley's been enjoying lots of pleasant relaxed walks now that the rain has eased here - as well as making lots of new friends en route! Whilst he is reluctant (only initially) to have his harness on 'ready to go' - once out he's a real little trouper and just gets on with it! I have to say, if I've been left Home Alone - he launches himself at me for welcome home cuddles! Whoever knew we'd actually been apart for a whole week ......... or so it seems in his eyes. Mine too to be truthful! The house is far too quiet!

Remember, I've just kicked off a new challenge over in the Snippets Playground HERE.

Hope to see you on the swings, the weather really is warming up at last and no doubt Sarn will be enlisting help to inflate the paddling pool in readiness! 

Love as always, Dudley Dog and me








21 comments:

  1. Oh that paddling pool idea is a good one Di. I’m sure the foot pump is around somewhere!!

    Absolutely LOVE your gorgeous triptych card. Such pretty papers - put to good use on this lovely card.

    Please give Dudley a cuddle from me.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty paper, I’m not surprised you’ve cherished it, you’ve made a lovely card, well done for perseverance tracking the die down! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you tracked down that die, it's a beauty and one I love using. A real vintage feel achieved. Needs to be a bit warmer for the paddling pool surely? But anyone welcome to pop it for a dip in the hot tub with me, it was just prefect yesterday, gentle sun above but the bubbles took away that ongoing chilly wind.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a thought - perhaps we need a hot tub in the Playground? Failing that - we can always arrange a charabanc outing to The Fens!!? x

      Delete
  4. This is a really opulent triptych - what beautiful paper and card you've chosen too. Top marks for perseverance in tracking down that super die. Pleased to hear that Dudley is enjoying some walks in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous triptych card Di, I love the vintage feel with those beautiful papers. Thanks so much for the mention xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning the background is absolutely beautiful Di and l just love that Die you used nice to know Dudley is enjoying his walks x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Di. The paper really is gorgeous, not surprised you’ve been hoarding it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been admiring these dies too and now your card. Love the finished look in those beautiful colours. Very elegant . I must look out some snippets and come over for a paddle. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy to know you had such a great experience while purchasing these dies, and yes - they did make a lovely creation with all the butterflies , flowers and text. It's a great design. I really like the colors you chose too - everything looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love using this die and your card is so pretty. Glad you are sticking to the convalescence rules.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card Di and such a lovely paper you've used - I too have pads that I don't want to use as they're so pretty!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card design and great papers and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card Di, great design and I love the shape. I think I may need to be enabled. 🤣 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too always admired triptych cards and your is really amazing with that gorgeous paper!!! Love so much the glittered details and the vintage feel! Time ago I have seen this die set on some European sites, but the postage costs were higher, well done buying it at a reasonable cost!
    I'm happy that Dudley could finally go out for some Spring walks! Surely the home is empty and silent without him! When he come home make him cuddles also by me!
    Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous triptych design using the wonderful Studio Light die set and the Mariposa dp is absolutely gorgeous Di, no wonder you only want to stroke it and not use it, but it is perfect for this card, and the white on black word stickers finish it brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful triptych Di. Fabulous work, and I am so glad you used that paper - it's perfect!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh this is such a beautiful triptych card! I love it and the paper is gorgeous. I can see why you have been stroking it. Aw, it so nice Dudley misses you after his walks, bless him! Take good care of yourself, hugs. xxx💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the vintagey look to this gorgeous triptych Di, the gold adds a super touch of luxury too. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goodness Di, I feel awful that I've missed both your cataract operations! So pleased they have both gone well - and that, as a side effect, Dudley has become a very polite little car passenger! What a gorgeous card this is. I have been admiring these triptychs around Blogland too and yours has a beautiful romantic vintage look with that stunning paper. Sending hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.