Sunday 31 March 2024

Sunday Snippets - Easter Greetings

Happy Easter everyone! And, in many places, including the UK, we put our clocks forward at 2am on Sunday - easy to remember 'Fall, back, Spring, forward'. It always takes me a few days to get over that lost hour of sleep!

There's a new Challenge being run by Sarn, over in the Snippets Playground HERE

My snippets card for today used snippets of pale ivory linen card for the lily, leaf and the backing layer underneath the lily, as well as underneath the lilac coloured frame to peep through the die cut corners:

I used:

- 5.25" x 4" pale ivory linen card blank, tent style

- used Altenew's 'Layered Lily' stamp and matching die set for the flower and leaf- stamping them using a set of SU teeny stamp pads I've had for many years and of course the Misti to help with positioning the layers

- then die cut the flower and leaf before putting it to one side

- to create the lilac 'frame' I used a die from Penny Black's 'Stitched Frames' set of dies to cut into the centre of a piece of  5" x 3.75" lilac card stock

- for the centre panel I used the same Penny Black die to cut into a snippet of pale ivory card. just slightly bigger than the aperture 

- used SU's 'Old Olive' to stamp the Easter Greeting, using an unbranded stamp from a set of Easter stamps

- adhered the pale ivory centre panel to the 'fallout centre' piece of lilac card from when the lilac frame was die cut - this was to add more stability and the 'image panel' stands ever so slightly proud as a result, which is a nice effect in real life 

- still not finished with faffing with the frame, I trimmed a snippet of pale ivory linen card to a whisker smaller than the lilac frame and adhered it to the back of the frame so it showed through the corners of the die cut frame before flipping it over and popping in the centre panel

used very narrow double sided foam tape, with a glue stick, to adhere both the framed image panel in place

- added the lily leave using a glue pen and then the lily flower was added using thin sticky pads

- finally, popped three Memory Box 'Fairy Drops' on and called it done!

Using the Altenew layering stamps and dies is good fun, once you get the hang of it. I bought them in a closing down sale, I'd hesitate to buy at full price what is effectively one flower and a leaf.

On the other hand, you do sometimes get what you pay for with unbranded goods. The Easter sentiments set is really lovely (Amazon UK) but the stamps are soft and floppy and clearly not polymer. I expect they won't stand up to rigorous use. However, they do stamp well plus it's a set I won't use very much anyhow so I can live with that.

I'm entering this card into Darnells NBUS #60 Challenge HERE. The Altenew stamps and dies, Easter sentiment stamps and also the Penny Black set of 'Stitched Frames' were all having a first outing.

Dudley Pupdate: I had a wry smile over in the Snippets Playground when I read that Sarn and I, ably assisted by Dudley, had been hiding Easter eggs! Dudley was doing the 'hole digging' apparently - and lately his doggie instincts have caused some fun here. He's a 'grazer' and likes nothing more than a dish of freshly raw chopped vegetables. Diced sweet (not hot) baby peppers go in a shot and he leaves the diced carrots to sustain him whenever he fancies a nibble, until the remainder are ditched each evening and a fresh lot prepared for him. Obviously he has other food at breakfast and for dinner and our vet is very happy about his diet. His teeth are doing fine but to continue along that road we recently decided to add a whole small carrot into the fun each day to encourage him to chew using his back teeth - which he loved. Err, until, Len found a day old one hidden away in the corner of his study, much as a dog would bury a bone! Dudley looked pretty sheepish when he realised he'd been rumbled and I'm currently standing beside the ladder up to the Playground Treehouse ............... waiting to have a little word in Sarn's ear! 

 /) /)

 (-.-)
0_(“)(“)

With love from Dudley and myself, 



19 comments:

  1. In my view Di, yes you get what you pay for, I was drawn in by some unbranded a few years ago, as you say floppy and no depth to them, bin! Your Easter card is delightful.

    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely Easter card in Spring colours. I totally agree with your comments about unbranded stamps which probably don't have the longevity of the 'real thing' but for something you probably won't use very often it seems an ideal choice 😉. There seems to be no end to Dudley's tricks, keeps you on your toes. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter - loving your Easter card too

    Happy Snippet Day too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter, lovely card, that die is nice, so is your bunny signature xxx😃

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter Di! I hope the weather will be fine so can can take a long walk and go egghunting with the grandchildren!!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Di, while you are turning your clocks forward, ours don't go back until next Sunday. Sounds like the acrylic stamps we get from Kaisercraft. I hope you have a wonderful Easter... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter to you.
    What a lovely lily on your card. Beautiful stamp and a gorgeous card made with it.

    Yikes! Sounds like I’m heading for a detention if you catch me (and Dudley!). Think we’ll keep our heads down in the Treehouse for a while yet! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter to you to Di, beautiful card the layout is stunning love the little corners and the background colour really goes well with the lily enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Di. Had to laugh at Dudley hiding his carrot! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di! Happy Easter to you, Dudley (and Len!) :D
    Such beautiful layered lily stamp and the very elegant lilac frame makes your card really classy! I read all your process and there is a lot of work behind the scene! But the result deserved all the efforts!
    Dudley eats hot peppers!!? Oh my!!! Perhaps they give him lots of excess energy :D
    How fun he is really digging holes! :D A devastating garden...? :D
    Perhaps he thinks that carrots are for bunnies.... :D LOL Bu surely they are healthy!
    Have a lovely, peaceful and sunny (fingers crossed...) Easter! Here is raining. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice! The peppers that Dudley has aren't chilli peppers. They're the sweet small pointed ones - red, orange and yellow - he turns his button nose up at green ones. xx

      Delete
  11. That's a very pretty Easter card and I just love the colors and simple design. How funny that Dudley hid the baby carrot or perhaps he was burying it so he didn't have to eat it? Hard to tell with dogs what they're thinking but that's a cute story! Have a blessed and very happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely Easter card Di and such pretty colours. Happy Easter to you too!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh beautiful card Di and such a pretty colour combo too! Happy Easter to you both X
    Molly loves to chew on a carrot too ... unfortunately most of it goes onto the kitchen floor and very little into her tummy LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card, Di - I have been caught with 'unbranded' stamps also, but several times I have found magazine 'freebies' (from reputable brands) also lacking in quality... frustratingly.
    dudley certainly is a bundle of tricks!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card Di, I love the frame and the beautiful lily, lovely colours too. Hope you had a lovely Easter. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a really beautiful and elegant card Di, and I love the stamped layered lily and in such pretty colours, and the frame is gorgeous cut in a complementary shade of lilac. I do buy magazines with freebies and I have one or two from Amazon, and in the main I have been quite happy with them, but must admit that I normally use a stamp positioner and don't stamp with them on a block as you don't have to press so hard and you can compensate by stamping the image more lightly several times. You have to take on board that they won't last as long, but for me that is OK. If I recognise them as a direct copy I DO NOT buy them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto. Having said that, too many reputable brands outsource their production to China to reduce costs and DO NOT pass that saving onto crafters. So, if they do have their exact designs stolen and they're using China to produce their merchandise then it's down to their own greed. IMHO. x

      Delete
  17. Such a pretty card with that lovely lily and the gorgeous colour combination Di. I enjoyed hearing about Dudley's supplemented diet - and well, dogs are gonna dog I suppose!! I can just imagine his sheepish face :)
    I was interested in the comments about unbranded stamps. I've had a few either given to me or as a magazine freebie or bought in naivety! I have never had a good crisp stamping result with them. But I bought an unbranded holly die last year, because I couldn't find what I wanted, and am thrilled with it. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.