- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- snippets of plain lime green card - the larger one was used to create a narrow 'frame' for the patterned paper, which came from a Dovecraft 'Back to Basics Modern' set of Christmas papers then both were glued onto the card front
- stamped the images onto snippets of plain white smooth card, using stamps from the AALL & Create 'HoliDEE' set of stamps using a VersaFine Clair 'Nocturne' ink pad
- coloured the images using Polychromos pencils
- die cut the main image panel using a die from the Lil'Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' set of dies
- fussy cut the Santa hat and also the sentiment 'cheers' before running a black Tombow marker around the edges of them both
- trimmed another snippet of the lime green card to just slightly larger than the image pane before gluing them both onto the card front
- used a medium nib glue pen to adhere the hat and the sentiment onto the image panel
- finally, a leftover strip of the patterned paper was begging to be used so I glued it across the flap of the envelope and trimmed each side
I really enjoyed playing around with this stamp set, although there's a lot of small detail on the tree - 'Hic!'.
I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Christmas Kickstart Challenge #80 where the theme is 'It's Christmas, Jim, but not as we know it' - so a bit of a quirky take on Christmas should be fine
Darnell's NBUS #56 - the stamp set is NBUS
Dudley Pupdate: A bit of a 'wild week' here with the boy! On Monday we jointly bathed him and to be fair, the water was actually pretty clean after all. Then came the wrestling match with him plonked onto my bath sheet clad lap and we patted the worst of the water away between us whilst he lay and peeped out of one end of the burrito wrap. Next came the blow drying session, which Len is stronger to manage. He also had some trimming the next day and then I re-brushed him and applied his anti-flea meds the following day - looking back it was probably too many sessions one after another. However, at every opportunity the little monkey took his chance to really glare, right until you looked at him - at which point he would very pointedly turn his back and lay down - leaving you staring at his tail! Typing this on Thursday and he's been left well alone for today - the air doesn't seems to be vibrating with doggie indignation as much! Although he's curled up well away from me at the moment! Guest bedroom I suspect as he can hide around the far side of the bed!
A friend has just returned home to San Francisco after being away for a couple of weeks on a business trip to Norway (lucky lady) - and the photos of her Havanese when she returned are hilarious, he's almost bristling with anger at having been left for so long with his 'Dad'. Obviously something in Havi's genes!
Finally, and very importantly, there's a new Challenge over at The Snippets Playground HERE - do come and play! Sarn and I put a lot of time and effort into running the Playground and it's lovely when you come to join in!
Love from both of us,
Di and 'Dudley de Avenger'!