Sunday 3 September 2023

Sunday Snippets and a new Challenge #462

Challenge 462 is now up and running over on the Snippets Playground folks! 

As there's been a little bit of a nip in the air lately, I'm ramping up Christmas card production and made this one, using some snippets:

You'll have to trust me that I used some cream snippets, left from cutting the card blank and image panel - as well as a snippet of Tonic's 'Scarlet Organza' mirri card.

I used:

- 6.25" x 3.25" cream 'mini slimline' card blank

- a very slightly smaller layer trimmed from a snippet of Tonic 'Scarlet Organza' mirri card and glued onto the card front

- the image panel was die cut from a snippet of cream card stock, using a die from Lawn Fawn's stitched border 'Large Mini Slimline Stackables' set of dies  

- stamped the stack of robins and sentiment onto the image panel using VersaFine Clair 'Nocturne' ink and a NBUS set of Woodware 'Bubble Robin' stack stamps

- then stamped the individual 'part images' onto snippets of the same cream card

- coloured the robins on the image panel as well as the robin 'part images' on the snippets - using Polychromos pencils and Sansodor blending solution - at this point it was important to colour far enough beyond the stamped 'part image' as it would be die cut using a circular 'bubble' die

- die cut the part images using Woodware's 'Big Bubble' die - made a few mistakes but I'd cut spares and basically my mind wasn't fully on the card at the time

- once I had four images cut into 'bubbles' - I backed them with 'bubbles' of the same size to make a total of three layers to add dimension. An alternative is to 'round' the circle from the back using a foam pad and a large ball embossing tool - either would work fine IMHO

- glued the 'bubbles' onto the images on the image panel using a glue pen and 'wham!' - it sort of sprang into life

- glued the image panel on top of the already adhered mirri card layer and there it was - all done!

Along the way, I did question why Jane Gill designed the 'part image' stamps and didn't just rely on using the outlined images of the robins. But, they would never have lined up perfectly I expect and I'm converted to her way of thinking! Clever lady and I always love her designs. I made two at the same time of course.
  
I'd like to add this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #54. The Woodware stamp set and the 'Big Bubble' die were having a first outing. 

Dudley Pupdate: Dudley has been in the wars, poor little guy. He managed to remove one of his (front) dew claws in a rather traumatic fashion. We had one almost sleepless night with him - severely shocked (as we were too). Of course it bled at first and I can't imagine how much it must have hurt him. Len found the offending claw and thankfully, it was a clean removal job he'd done on himself and after loads of cuddles and more than his share of treats, as well as the aforementioned almost sleepless night with him - he's practically back to normal now. We did have the 'poor paw' scenario for a while - which was heartbreaking to see. 

Ha - then I returned home from having some blood tests and he ran to greet me and forgot to hold up his 'sore paw'! Err, hello Dudley - did you forget something? 😉 For now he's only out in our own back garden - away from any dirt he might choose to investigate. As he hates his front paws being touched at the best of times, I can only monitor progress by taking photos, when he's dozing on his back .......... and it's healing really well. 

Love from myself and Dudley (aka 'Sore Paw, Need Sympathy, Dudders' right now) - as always. Life is never dull with him around for sure!




17 comments:

  1. Love the cute bubble stack of robins on this Christmas card. Congrats on getting 2 more cards ready for the big day.

    Poor little Dudders. Glad he’s healing nicely. Please give him an extra hug & another treat from his Auntie Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a very cute card Di, and an extra hug to Dudley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly manage to truffle out some amazing products for your cards and these bubble robins are no exception. Such a fun card and something out of the norm. Sorry to hear about Dudley's mishap but pleased to know he is healing well with your loving care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Truffle out' - what a perfect expression! Never heard it before Val! Di x

      Delete
  4. Ooh wow Di this is a stunning card l really like the slim line card and the Robins so beautifully put together .....oooh poor Dudley nice to know he's on the mend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Di - that is a really fab stamp and die set and a wonderful prize over at the Playground .. I defo would have said yes please to that had the other prize not been one of mine lol!! Oh poor Dudley, I can feel myself wince in sympathy just reading about his trauma - poor little guy!! Hope he is soon feeling better (and you too .. how upsetting that must have been!!)
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pauline, I confess that I didn't stop to think when I put the prize bundle together. I was just keen that we offered part of your lovely donation as soon as possible. Yes, it was awful for Dudley and the way it happened wasn't nice either. It's been a rotten week all round to be honest! Di x

      Delete
  6. Oh my!! 😱 Dudley took off a dew claw by himself? Voluntarily? Maybe he got caught somewhere! 😱 Poor, poor little Dudley! 😢I think he’s been in a lot of pain and he’s lost a lot of blood... I image his trauma... and also yours, too!!! Must have been a very awful moment. But I seem to understand that it is healing well even without stitches by the vet and this is a great news!! Fingers crossed and best wishes for a speedy complete healing!!! Give him a lot of extra cuddles by me!!
    I nearly forgot about your card, that is just delightful, so fun, cute and very different! Great work to add dimension to the birds bodies and your pencils colouring looks so beautiful!
    Extra hugs to you and extra cuddles to the poor Dudley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear! Poor Dudley, bless him - I cringed at the thought of him pulling out a claw, nasty! Love your cute card - a definite Christmas smile card! I must get on with mine, I am way behind, oops! Take care. Hugs. xxx💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! I felt it when you said he had pulled his dew claw, I had my finger nail pulled out a long time ago, it hurt a LOT and took ages to heal, poor Dudley. Good to hear he's on the mend though. I absolutely love your card, I love the robins and the layering, a fab card Di.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, like the dimension! Poor Dudley, please give him a treat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Owww, poor Duds! Bless him! I didn't know that not liking their paws touched was another breed thing - Nellie hates it, too. I'm glad he is none the worse for it and I laughed at him forgetting to "fake it!"😆 Now on to your amazing card! So unique and new to me and I love it! What a cool, cool card, Di! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank goodness that poor baby is okay! That sounds VERY painful - and worthy (I'm told by a certain Beige Beast) of practically a whole roast chicken to himself!! Sending healing licks from Eva and a scritch under the ears from me. Love your card with your stack of dynamic robins Di - perfect for a slimline design! Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh no poor Dudley! Give him a big hug from me. Well done on using NBUS too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH NO! Poor Dudley. I'm glad to hear he's healing well. That must have been very traumatic. Love that stack of birdies for your Christmas card. So cute and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just adore your card Di and have been doing some research on this set which I now need! Poor Dudley - gosh that must have been painful! Hope he's back to doing zoomies again soon! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Di, I have these stamps and dies in my shopping basket all ready to go and was wondering if the dies are solid or you can see what you're punching out. I can only find pictures of the packaging on the internet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.