Jumping in with a reminder that we're halfway through the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge HERE - where I'm delighted to be Jo's Guest Designer. It's one of my favourite challenges and always a pleasure to join in with the fun. ☺ The current theme is one for everyone - 'Perfectly Pawsome' - which can also include not only cats and dogs but also hamsters (hello Darnell!), mice (think Penny Black folks!) and any other creature with paws.
So, I made another card, admittedly using the same base stamp and die set (different image of course!), as I did for my GD card:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, tent style
- images from MFT's 'Happy Pawlidays' stamp set, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- did a lot of stamping using the same set all at once and had already die cut all
the images using the matching dies and then coloured them all in at one sitting, using Pro markers
- then die cut the sentiment circle from Tonic Mirror card called 'Fire Stone Red' and set it aside before also cutting the same sentiment circle from a snippet of plain white card. The die I used is having its first outing and is made by MFT - called 'Merry Christmas Circle Frame' - I also set the white sentiment aside as I had a leetle plan in mind
- then, trimmed a piece of 'grey stars' paper from the 'Dovecraft 'Back to Basics - Monochrome' paper pack - doing my best to make sure that the stars were even along all the edges
- trimmed a piece of Tonic 'Fire Stone Red' Mirror card to form a narrow border around the 'grey stars' paper'
- glued mirror card and grey stars paper onto the card front
- then positioned the inner circle from the sentiment I'd cut from white card into the centre of the stars paper panel on the card front, using Collall glue
- added the 'Fire Stone Red' sentiment circle around the white circle - using a glue pen
- then just glued the image in place onto the white circle, rather than using sticky pads, using a glue pen
Again, no sparkle was added. I do so love the Tonic mirror card - they do quite a few different shades of red, so it's much easier to match up if you use red when colouring an image. My dream would be to win free run of their warehouse! With a huge lorry waiting to bring all the lovely goodies home of course!
Many thanks once again to Jo for inviting me to be a Guest Designer over at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge and I'd really love it if you would come along and join in with the challenge - this is the LINK. It's still open until the end of the month so you have plenty of time.
Another fabulous Christmas card. Please save me a seat on the lorry 😉😉 - what a dream that would beReplyDelete
Another sweet little dog Di and the dotty paper in grey complements the red mirri really well..a terrific card! xReplyDelete
Aw this is so gorgeous, just love the image, super cutie. EmmaxReplyDelete
Aww - that is such a cute Christmas Card. Love that sweet little dog stamp. Did Dudley pose for the creator of the stamp set???? XxxReplyDelete
Ooh adorable image and a lovely card Di xxReplyDelete
Another beautifully made and cute card Di - well doneReplyDelete
An adorable pup all tangled up in the Christmas lights! Love the way you put him over the circular sentiment!ReplyDelete
This is adorable Di, love the die, so useful for so many images and looks good too, love the image you used and the lovely paper and mirror card. I shall look out for it, I didn't know they did different reds.ReplyDelete
I am "nearly normal" now with my new computer and can comment at last!
Gorgeous card, Di! My auto post didn't post! I'll sort that out later. Thanks for being my elf, Jo xReplyDelete
So sweet!! xxReplyDelete
Love, love all your critters Christmas cards. So cute and festive.ReplyDelete