I've been trying enter to Allsorts Challenge more regularly, and originally intended to do some paper piecing for this current challenge. The other option was hand coloring. Then, right in front of where I swivel round to use the laptop there's a set of open shelves and sitting on there, right in line with my eyes, is the very old wood mounted stamp I used and hand coloured today.
Here's the card I made - the sunflower is Ukraine's national flower:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- piece of the same card stock as the card, embossed using SU's 'Textured Impressions' folder then trimmed to slightly smaller than the card front
- glued the embossed panel onto the card front
- stamped the Penny Black image called 'Hello Sunshine' onto a snippet of white card using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- coloured the image using Polychromos pencils
- die cut the image using an old but favourite die from the Spellbinders 'Labels Eight' set
- ran a ball-ended tool around the inside of the die cut whilst it was still in the die to create the 'lip'
- removed the die cut from the die and went around the edge of the die cut image using a gold Calligraphy pen. It's a chisel tipped pen and you just use the chisel sideways on - sort of running the edge of the card through the middle of the chisel tip, easier to show than explain!
- added the image panel to the card front, using slightly thicker than usual sticky pads for extra 'lift'
As always, taking a photo of shiny elements on a card is nigh on impossible - the gold edging is just like gold leaf, really pretty and also very shiny!
I'd like to add this card into the current Allsorts Challenge #665.