I've been trying enter to Allsorts Challenge more regularly, and originally intended to do some paper piecing for this current challenge. The other option was hand coloring. Then, right in front of where I swivel round to use the laptop there's a set of open shelves and sitting on there, right in line with my eyes, is the very old wood mounted stamp I used and hand coloured today.
Here's the card I made - the sunflower is Ukraine's national flower:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- piece of the same card stock as the card, embossed using SU's 'Textured Impressions' folder then trimmed to slightly smaller than the card front
- glued the embossed panel onto the card front
- stamped the Penny Black image called 'Hello Sunshine' onto a snippet of white card using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- coloured the image using Polychromos pencils
- die cut the image using an old but favourite die from the Spellbinders 'Labels Eight' set
- ran a ball-ended tool around the inside of the die cut whilst it was still in the die to create the 'lip'
- removed the die cut from the die and went around the edge of the die cut image using a gold Calligraphy pen. It's a chisel tipped pen and you just use the chisel sideways on - sort of running the edge of the card through the middle of the chisel tip, easier to show than explain!
- added the image panel to the card front, using slightly thicker than usual sticky pads for extra 'lift'
As always, taking a photo of shiny elements on a card is nigh on impossible - the gold edging is just like gold leaf, really pretty and also very shiny!
I'd like to add this card into the current Allsorts Challenge #665.
A touching way to use the stamp Di, it's one I also have albeit it a bit neglected of late. A really elegant design here. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts again, that's another brownie point toward entry to the Fen tree house (which is sodden right now, not stopped raining this week).ReplyDelete
This is a beautiful and really elegant card Di and I love the pretty sunflowers sitting very happy in the die cut frame, and the gold edge is fabulous...love the embossed background too. xReplyDelete
Hi Di this is a gorgeous card. Take care. Hugs Jackie xxxReplyDelete
Gorgeous card Di ... absolutely beautiful sunflower stamp. I've also made a sunflower card today but didn't manage to get it photographed in time to upload, so at least I've got one in the bank for tomorrow! Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts Challenge this weekReplyDelete
Wonderful card, your colouring is amazing and love the detail of the edge you made with the ball-ended tool and the gold pen. Very elegant and such beautiful embossing!ReplyDelete
Gorgeous sunflower image, nice die cutting and embossing - and the gold edging just finishes it off a treat. Lovely card showing your support.ReplyDelete
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Oh Di this is beautiful l love all 🌻 you have coloured it so beautifuly such great support too xxReplyDelete
A lovely card Di - the sunflower is beautifully coloured.ReplyDelete
To be truthful Kath, the stamp itself does a lot of the work, much of it is made up of sort of 'arty' black bits, but thank you so much for your lovely comment!Delete
A fantastic card Di, I didn't know that this was the national flower of the Ukraine. A great way of showing support.ReplyDelete
A truly beautiful card, Di, love the golden accents and wonderful embossing!ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
That's lovely Di and a great CAS layout too. I didn't know it was the national flower - my new fact for today. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.ReplyDelete
What a beautiful stamp and card Di, love the gold edge.ReplyDelete
Beautiful card Di, the stamp is really lovely. xxReplyDelete
Absolutely stunning, Di!ReplyDelete
It's beautiful, Di xoxoReplyDelete
What a beautiful image of sunflowers, Di! Gorgeously coloured and so nicely framed with the die cut label against the textured background.ReplyDelete
A beautiful image Di! Love the touch of gold and that textured background!ReplyDelete
Beautiful Sunflowers and a gorgeous card Di. Love the gold frame too. Hugs, Carol S.xxxReplyDelete
Exquisite work Di -0 your colouring of the image is fabulous, and I love that embossed background, and the touch of gold is so classy!ReplyDelete
Oh Di, this is so beautiful and a touching tribute to support Ukraine. I love the white background, which lets that glorious sunflower take center stage. The gold edging adds such a touch of elegance. I'm really glad you've separated the Snippets challenge from your personal blog, so we can see designs like this that don't have to be worked around snippets.ReplyDelete
Beautifully done Di and a perfect tribute to the corageous Ukraine people xxReplyDelete
It's perfect, Di, Jo xReplyDelete