Sunday 23 September 2018

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge # 334 - results

It's really beginning to look as if Autumn is well on the way. Leaves on the trees are changing to beautiful gold and orange hues and there's that lovely fresh feel of Autumn in the air. As well as some high winds (including some wet and rainy days)  - which isn't as much fun of course! But, I do prefer it to the scorching hot Summer we had - a bit of everything is fine by me!

The shoulder was coming along a treat and then the other day I got silly and overdid things - I know many of you warned me but it's so easy to think 'Just doing THIS surely won't cause a problem, will it?'. Little lesson there I think!

Anyhow, let's get straight on with the fortnightly 'picks':
What a darling card, made by Aileen and using acetate in such a clever way as part of the front of her card. Those little fairies really do look as if they're floating in the air. Love it!

Absolutely fabulous Origami doll card, made by Kathy A. What a brilliant way to use up little snippets of paper and so pretty as well. Hop over to see the other dolls Kathy made.

I think this is such a clever use of snippets by Karen (Ladd). It's a technique that's been around for some time, called Serendipity Squares where you take little snippets of scrap paper or other bits and pieces, glue them onto a backing of card, cut them into squares and then embellish, emboss etc. as you wish. Do hop over to Karen's post and take a peek!

And we had three new Playmates joining us this time:
Mi sitio Scrap
Harriet

Sherry G
Three new Playmates - brilliant stuff! Of course, our lovely regular players are absolutely no less thought of and we've all become good friends over the years.

A huge welcome to the Snippets Playground ladies - hope to see you again soon! Go and visit one another - that's really the key to making the Snippets Playground a happy place to play!

So that was three new Playmates this time round - and we had a total of 69 entries - wahoo, a really good turnout!

Now it's prize draw time, and our winner of the Lawn Fawn 'Upon a Star' stamp set is ............... Wait for it though, this was a wildly popular prize and loads of you so badly wanted to win that I thought it would be a really sweet way to celebrate the impending arrival of Dudley this coming week. The little images of the bunny and the fox are almost as cute as he is!

So, I ordered two more on Friday, making THREE in total to be won. Do bear in mind though that, although they will be coming to me from the UK, I can't see them arriving for a few days yet, so my trip to the Post Office will hinge on when the other two sets get here and I can post all three off in one go.

So, here are our three winners:

 
 Helen
Do please send me your addresses, with full name at the top as well so I can copy and paste or just write straight from the email onto the envelope - for speed and ease. I don't keep addresses of previous winners, even if they might be in my private address list - if that makes sense! It's also confirmation that you still would like the prize of course, not that I doubt it really! I'll post your prize once I hear from you AND all three prizes are in my hot sticky little paws as I said earlier. Please put Playground Winner or similar in the subject line of your email in case it drops into my junk mail. Email address is on RH sidebar as always.

Remember folks, there's still almost another week to run on Challenge #335 - just check back a bit and you'll easily find it. The prize is a MFT 'WISH' die - and there are two of them on offer just to increase your chances!

A REMINDER. I am generally smart enough to spot when someone joins us purely for a prize - this challenge is very relaxed BUT I do look for good, and often inspirational, use of 'snippets'. It also helps if you say what your snippet(s) is/are in your blog post.

Obviously I won't normally offer multiples of prizes on the spur of the moment but I think this is a special week ahead so wanted to spread the love a little further.

I'll be hopping around commenting in little bursts although Dudley the Havanese will be coming to live with us from Thursday so all has to be ready for his arrival of course. Who knew a little ball of fluff could mean such disruption! And that's before he gets here! Len has worked so hard puppy proofing the house - and Parsnip is in charge of looking after all the chewable soft toys such as teddies, monkeys and such stuff which up until now have been perched on low shelves, in little nooks, on the fireplace hearth etc. etc. within reach of a curious puppy. It certainly has helped in the drive to go minimal!

Hope you all have a lovely week ahead, and little Parsnip sends his love too!







19 comments:

  1. How lovely of you to rustle up two more prizes Di, so congratulations to Mo, Lynne and Helen, and such clever use of snippets from the three highlighted cards. Only a few days then until your little bundle of fun arrives. I think you are very brave to take on a puppy with all the hard work that entails, but he is so cute I'm sure it will all be worth while. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, three winners! Congrats very much to all! I will be off to check out the blogs of the picks!

    I know you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your fluff ball! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to you and everyone, I particularly admired Karen's squares, look after yourself, and enjoy your new ball of fluff xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this fabuloous prize. I am so happy to have won one of these lovely stamps. I am already looking through my stamps to see what other animals I have that could be used with this set!

    Your highlighted cards are great, especially that origame doll card! \it is such a delight to see.

    I will try to make an effort to make some cards that highlight snippets rather than just incorporate them. I pinned a bunch a great ideas and just need to settle down and create something from them.

    Good luck with your shoulder...it is so hard to judge just how much is too much...until it is too late. Speaking from experience here! \i have had frozen shoulder a few times and a few rotator cuff injuries. Mine will flare up and sometimes I am never sure just what caused it. Now arthritis has settled there so I bought an electric Big Shot and that really helps!!! No more cranking on that wheel! My shoulder loves the new machine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to all the winners and thank you so much for spotlighting my card for one of your picks. All of the picks are just beautiful but that origami doll and darling design with fairies and acetate by Aileen just tickled my fancy! I hope that Parsnip remembers to keep up out of Dudley's way as well, at least until he realizes that Parsnip is NOT a puppy toy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that’s brilliant thank you so much! So generous giving 3 sets away too. Congrats to the other winners and top picks.
    I hope your shoulder settles a bit before cute little Dudley arrives and I look forward to seeing more pics of him x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon Di . . . I'm sure I read somewhere that cuddling little puppies called Dudley was very beneficial to health & happiness!!! Good luck my friend.

    Super picks, and what a great turnout. Waving hello to the newbies. Congrats all 3 prize winners. V generous of you to order more prizes & share the love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very generous of you to triple the prize Di. Eagerly awaiting more pics of Dudley. Great picks too especially the doll.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the pick this challenge Di, there sure were a lot of fabulous cards. I held my breath hoping I might hit the jackpot for the prize and weren't you fabulous adding two extra's. I know the winners will love their prize and me, well I better just get using what I have. Fabulous cards by Karen and Kathy so good to have you join me this challenge as the Top Picks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some gorgeous cards in the spotlight and lovely to have some new playmates. Congrats to the lucky winners. You are such a sweetie Di giving those extra prizes. Looking forward to more of Dudley. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Di, you are beyond generous in offering 3 prizes of that great Lawn Fawn set! Bless your heart for doing that, and congrats to everyone on their wins and spotlighted projects! Lots of winners make for lots of happy stampers! Cannot wait to see more pics of Dudley's homecoming in the future :) Parsnip on one side, Dudley on the other - life is great eh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is such an honor to see my Asian paperdolls as one of your picks. Thanks so much. Congrats to the other picks, and to the not one but THREE winners [You are so very generous, Di.] And welcome to the newbies. You will love this group.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw your going to be put to the test with your addition to the family and he's just so adorable l for one cannot wait for an update and some photos when he does arrive so remember to show him off...hope you wasn't over doing it too much when you suffered a set back with your shoulder we all think we know better but it's a hard lesson to learn to stay still anyway a speedy recovery for you ...many great picks Di and well done to your winners enjoy your prize take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to the winners and the picks!! Well deserved.
    Di, your post is so delightful to read, about Dudley and
    Parsnip being in charge of some things. Thanks for the giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful picks again. Love the oragami doll, and the serendipity squares look fab. Somehow mine always just look like random junk glued together, so I'll study Karen's to see if there's a secret I'm missing.
    Super generous of you to give three prizes, and congrats to all the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow - what a lovely surprise to see that there are three lucky winners...and I'm one of them! You're such a sweetie Di!
    An awesome selection on picks from the last challenge too - always so inspiring!
    Helen x

    PS - looking forward to seeing lots of Dudley on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards. Congrats to all winners xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely picks Di! So different are all the picks but so beautiful indeed. Congrats to the winners, how kind of you to give three prizes this time! Sorry you over did it with the shoulder, so easy to do I know. I have over did it with the ribs a few times and of course paid the price. I hope your little Dudley is home with you, Len and Parsnip. I can only imagine how adorable and how much joy he is bringing you all. I know that Savannah and now Kahlua bring lots of joy here and laughter. They are so funny with their antics as you will see! Enjoy!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous picks and welcome to the new playmates! Congratulations to the winners and how lovely of you to give three prizes so there were three lucky ladies! Hugs xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.