Am woefully behind on my 2017 Christmas card target, so I quickly made half a dozen, two lots of three the same:
- 5" x 5" square white card blanks
- images from the Hunkydory Little Book of 'Sparkling Season' toppers, cut down to squares using a die from The Works 'Stitched Squares' die set. The original images are 4" x 6" in size and it's a bit of a game trying to work out which ones will cut down to about 3.75" square without spoiling the design
- mounted the images onto pieces of deep red slightly shimmery card, cut just slightly larger than the image
- added a tickle of clear Wink of Stella to the snow on the roof tops - just so it catches the light and adds a touch of extra interest
- next stamped the sentiment using Memento 'London Fog' ink and a stamp
from Phill Martin's 'Scribbled Christmas Sentiment Corners'
- finally glued the image panel to the lower right hand side
The Misti came in so handy for working out where to place the corner sentiment - as well as doing a run of six cards of course. And, I used Memento's 'London Fog' to stamp the sentiment as it picks up some of the grey detail in the images. There are two greys made by Memento that I really like - 'London Fog' is a sort of bluish tinged grey and 'Grey Flannel' is a warmer toned grey. Both are obviously softer than using black and do have a place in stamping both images for softer outlines as well as sentiments.
So, that's me up to 84 Christmas cards so far - and I need to make a further 12 by the end of July to get back on target, sigh. I can see it possibly not happening this year.
Have realised I've done three quite similar variations of this card now, using the Phill Martin corner sentiments and also images from the same Christmas pad. Time to go hunting round Pinterest and also some challenges for new ideas I think!