Friday 14 July 2017

Playing catch up

Am woefully behind on my 2017 Christmas card target, so I quickly made half a dozen, two lots of three the same:
I used:

- 5" x 5" square white card blanks

- images from the Hunkydory Little Book of 'Sparkling Season' toppers, cut down to squares using a die from The Works 'Stitched Squares' die set. The original images are 4" x 6" in size and it's a bit of a game trying to work out which ones will cut down to about 3.75" square without spoiling the design  

- mounted the images onto pieces of deep red slightly shimmery card, cut just slightly larger than the image

- added a tickle of clear Wink of Stella to the snow on the roof tops - just so it catches the light and adds a touch of extra interest

- next stamped the sentiment using Memento 'London Fog' ink and a stamp from Phill Martin's 'Scribbled Christmas Sentiment Corners'

- finally glued the image panel to the lower right hand side


The Misti came in so handy for working out where to place the corner sentiment - as well as doing a run of six cards of course. And, I used Memento's 'London Fog' to stamp the sentiment as it picks up some of the grey detail in the images. There are two greys made by Memento that I really like - 'London Fog' is a sort of bluish tinged grey and 'Grey Flannel' is a warmer toned grey. Both are obviously softer than using black and do have a place in stamping both images for softer outlines as well as sentiments.

So, that's me up to 84 Christmas cards so far - and I need to make a further 12 by the end of July to get back on target, sigh. I can see it possibly not happening this year.

Have realised I've done three quite similar variations of this card now, using the Phill Martin corner sentiments and also images from the same Christmas pad. Time to go hunting round Pinterest and also some challenges for new ideas I think!







22 comments:

  1. These are really lovely, Di. The images are super and I love the corner sentiments. I'm really behind with my Christmas cards too this year. :-( xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these sweet Hunkydory images Di and love the corner sentiments which work well here. I'm lucky I don't have to make too many but will have to speed up production soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute. I love the Wink of Stella. Thanks for explaining the difference on the two Memento colors. I always wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. Thanks for the info on grey inks :) very useful.
    Hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those grays, too, for a softer look than black. These are really beautiful, Di! If you don't already have it, you might enjoy Brilliance Starlite Black--darker than the grays, but softer than black. I've had it forever & am back using it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooer, I do have that one in small tear drop shape amongst my Brilliance stamps! Thanks for the tip Greta! xx

      Delete
  6. Sweet cards Di - and it really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things if you have more than one card looking similar.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quick, easy and...beautiful!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These super images are great for quick Christmas cards and the corner sentiments are so effective. Especially like grey in place of black sometimes for wording

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done getting another 6 cards made! I'm just beginning to realise how useful the Misti is. The images are very pretty and I do love those sentiments round the corners. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are lovely Di & certainly worth repeating. I think you're doing very well at 84 cards so far!!!

    Hugs, Sarn x. PS: will E u later xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards Di, I love the corner sentiments and I totally agree about the grey inks. I also use Brilliance Lightning Black as well, similar to Starlight Black but with a touch of gold instead of silver.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb cards, love the images and the corner stamps, great choice of the red backing.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're both such fun cards and I love the corner sentiments! I don't think I've ever tried doing sentiments that way, but it's a great look with those images!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful, love the corner stamping x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both fab - love the original cards too nice to recycle. The Phill Martin stamp is just perfect for your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are gorgeous! When a design really works so beautifully, why change it?! But I get your point ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so pretty, Di, and so classically Christmas! Go you for almost getting back on target; I know you can do it in the next coupla weeks! Don't ask me how many I need to make by the end of July to be on target! Oh, bwahahahaha, she laughs, maniacally!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards Di - I'm also behind on my Christmas cardmaking but hope to catch up when I finish work next week for the summer holidays!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  19. After a hectic week last week looking after our grandson and then a busy weekend I'm playing catch up today. I love these gorgeous cards and the snowmen in them too. I also love the stamps you've used for the sentiment.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.