The current challenge over at Less is More this week is 'Wings'. I did try to steer clear of birds and butterflies but in the end opted for a favourite birdie stamp of mine:
- A6-ish white card blank, the front portion of which I ran through the Cuttlebug using the SU 'Chevron' embossing folder with the back of the card folded outside the folder (needs must with a little Cuttlebug sometimes)
- then backed the inside of the front part of the card with a piece of plain white card stock to add stability as the breaking down of fibres during embossing can leave a piece of card a bit unsteady on its feet :)
- the image is from Banana Frog's set called 'Shake your tail feathers', stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and coloured using Whispers pens, then covered with clear 'Wink of Stella'. Sadly Banana Frog ceased trading over three years ago - I loved their crisp designs, sigh :(
- the sentiment of course came from the same stamp set, again stamped in Memento 'Tuxedo Black'
- then die cut the image using a Lil 'Inkers Stitched Rectangle die, and glued it onto a slightly larger rectangle die cut from a snippet of SU 'Tempting Turquoise' card stock
- then added the 'topper' to the card front using thin sticky pads