This is Hazel's picture inspiration - I picked out red, green and white and the holly.
- 7" x 5" white card stock
- Woodware 'Christmas Date' stamp, red, green and gold Pro Markers
- little tickles of Stickles 'Crystal Ice' on the background snowflakes
- red 'dewdrops' on the holly berries. Funny, Sam and I spotted some in Flutterbys last week and were saying how we both had loads and never use them, thanks for the prompt Sam!
- then I looked at the number 25 which was coloured in non-metallic gold Pro Marker and it was just too matt and flat so I almost threw the cards away (yup, I made two the same). However, after some head scratching about how to add glitter to quite a large area I came up with an idea - which may disqualify me from LIM as it could be classed as another layer but in fact it's just a tip about adding glitter evenly
- what I did was to stamp the 25 part of the image again, onto some double sided sticky sheet and then carefully cut out the numbers. Then it took forever to get the backing off one side but once that was done I stuck the cut out numbers onto the cards, peeled the front of the sticky off and then covered with 'Gold' Glamour Dust, whisked off the excess with a big soft makeup brush, had a quick shower to de-glitter myself and it was done. I could have fibbed and said I just used glue but this tip is worth sharing and risking being disqualified and made to stand on the naughty step by Chrissie or Jen from LIM :))
Oooh, I'm such a rebel - no wonder the Snippets Playground is mayhem at times.
This card is also for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for August.