Saturday 30 October 2010

Boy's birthday card

Tomorrow is one of my OH's g/nephew's birthday. I had to make a card in a bit of a hurry to catch the post but this is what I came up with:




Thanks to a nearby Hobbycraft I grabbed a little set of toppers and some brown foam letters/numbers. Phew, no time to colour in an image - to my delight - so I had to make the trip :)  Mind you, the parking there is awful - just a little car park (some serious underestimating I suspect) and of course tons of folk going in just for a nosy as it's newly opened. Hopefully the novelty will wear off and us 'serious crafters' might get a chance to park without too much trouble before long. Loads of folk are just mooching and coming out empty handed......mind you, I think Pauline and I are working hard at making up the difference :)

It's yet another easel card, topped with Core'dinations blue card, the cowboy toppers (and I have enough left for another card due in a week's time), the letters/number (glittered with stickles), some red card candy, a red button threaded with raffia and that flipping Happy, Happy Birthday stamp that I have to touch up each time. I must look for a decent one as I do like it..........no wonder it was in a Hobbycraft reduced tub ages ago :(

Yeee Ha - all done in the whirl of a lasso :) I'll be almost replicating this one for the second card. Thankfully that little chap is only going to be two as the cowboy topper I have left is riding a rocking horse! As Ben is now nine years old maybe it's time to dispense with putting his age onto cards - until the milestone ones at least.

Di
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.