Monday 24 May 2010

Christening card




I made this card for a very special little girl (my OH's grand daughter) who was baptised in Germany a week ago. She hardly whimpered when the water was poured over her head - I however did whimper in sympathy! Olivia, or Livvy as we know her, is a delightful little girl - aged 6 months, and her older sister Mia (aged two and a half) is my little best friend :)

For the card I used one of my current favourites - a kenetic design.  Much cautious waving of craft knife here I should add. Apparently there's a new cutting tool about called 'The Slice' which has a safe ceramic blade. Available from Joanna Sheen - http://www.joannasheen.co.uk/ - it's £5.99 with free postage. It's out of stock right now but on my 'must have' list!

I used bright shiny silver mirri card with DCWV Luxury Stack baby pink to layer oblongs and cover the base card. The pearl flowers are by Craft Creatives from The Works, mulberry paper Bible from Craftsite and I embossed in silver the 'Christening' word using an Inca stamp from Hobbycraft. All other lettering was done by hand using peeloffs - and all other embellies are also peeloffs from my stash.

Of course Livvy is too young to really notice - but her Mum and Dad liked it!!

Di
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.