Right girls, I had to give some thought about my hint that there might be a final prize on Saturday. But, although (thankfully) I've managed to get all the sample cards made - there is so little time in which to write up posts, try and visit you all, keep track of 'yes please comments' - as well as make a fresh card for our return to the fortnightly challenge with just a single prize and of course set that new Mr Linky post up as well. I need to get to collect a prescription from the Docs and do some shopping as well as take down the decorations from Christmas as well. So much to do and something had to give a little bit - we never even got to have our roast beef dinner I had planned to cook for New Years Day yesterday, although luckily the joint will keep until the weekend.
My solution is this - I'll keep the prize I'd intended for Saturday to cover the next fortnight. It's a multiple part one and I think there will be a fair bit of interest although of course it is Christmassy!
The Grand Draw will close as planned at 11am on Saturday, after that Mr Linky which began on 23rd December won't allow any further entries. The final prize for the Grand Draw will be in a blog post tomorrow (Friday) as I originally intended when planning the draw - AND I'll do as I did last year and will turn off the facility to post new comments on all the prize posts at 11am on Saturday. That does give you 36 hours almost to take a peek at the final prize - which is rather cute and you do have more than one chance to win! I'm saying no more - it's up to you to look!
Anyhow, here's today's snippets card:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style
- snippet of deep blue card
- a while ago the lovely Val sent me two Sheena Douglass products to offer as a prize, with duplicates for me as well. Thank you so much Val!
- first of all I used a couple of sentiment strips from the 'Winter Snowflakes' stamp set and heat embossed them onto the snippet of deep blue card - which has a pearly finish. I used WOW 'Detail White' embossing powder and to be honest am not too happy with the result, despite using an anti-static bag and following all the rules for heat embossing. Whether the powder is getting old or what I don't really know but it's gone lumpy despite being stored in the dark with the lid on tight but of course it was too late to rush out and buy more - plus this card is as much to show you what can be done with today's prize (Len really likes it which was heartening!)
- then I hit my next issue, originally I'd planned to work totally on the deep blue card but it was too narrow (height wise). Rather than try to join two pieces of deep blue (I'd packed away the embossing tools etc. by this point) I dug out a piece of red card
- then die cut the SD 'Winter' die from a snippet of white pearlised card, backed with Stick-It adhesive sheet and stuck it onto the snippet of red card
- then carefully trimmed both pieces of card to 4" width
- easiest way to ensure the pieces were perfectly close together across the centre of the card was to glue the red strip on first and then the blue strip - which has quite a healthy overlap
And of course, courtesy of Val, today's prize is:
Although I've used both items on the one card I do think they would work beautifully on their own as well. And of course the two items make up one prize.
I've debated about whether to mention this but I'm sure a few of you are aware of recent issues with copyright over images that Sheena had claimed were her own. The whole business has been very unpleasant but do please rest assured that neither of these products comes into that category.
the end of all of the celebrations I'll do a massive draw session for all the prizes using
the one Mr Linky - which is on the main snippets post HERE
- so you do need to
have entered one snippets make over on that post during this fortnight
to be in with a chance :)
Maximum of one entry please - to keep things fair for those who may not
have time to craft. Mr Linky closes at 11am on Saturday 5th January so
you do need to have added a snippets make by then to be eligible for the
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win today's prize.
Do remember to check back for the final prize tomorrow!
And hooray - I just spotted that the Mr Linky glitch has been fixed so we can see thumbnails once again!
All is quiet on the Western Front here, Dudley had a very restless night but we think that's due to him teething. Bless.