Friday 4 December 2015

Merry Monday Challenge #182 - 'Birds'

The current challenge over at Merry Monday is 'Birds' - and I really had fun making my entry:
I used:

- 4" x 5.25" white card blank, tent style

- image stamped onto white card using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and Penny Black 'Greetings from the wise' stamp

- coloured the image using Whispers brush markers then added clear Wink of Stella to the fur on Mr Owl's hat and some Glossy Accents to his eyes

- next came some jiggery pokery selecting a round die from the set of Tonic Studio's 'Circle Layering' dies and cutting an aperture in another piece of white card stock

- took the card with the round aperture in and ran it through the Cuttlebug using the Tim Holtz 'Wood Grain' embossing folder, making sure the aperture was centred on where the embossed 'knot hole' is

- trimmed the embossed piece to size, just slightly smaller than the card front and making sure the round aperture was just a smidgen to the right hand side

- adhered the owl image to the back of the aperture and then stuck the whole piece to the card front

- sentiment was stamped onto a snippet of white card using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Personal Impressions 'Many Greetings' set

- then die cut the sentiment using a Spellbinders 'Nested pennant' die and stuck it in place using red line tape

- final touch, a platinum silver Josy Rose nail head at one end of the pennant

Am still adding any Christmas cards I make to this year's total. Had thought not to count them in and use them to kick start next year but decided that wouldn't be enough of a driver come 1st January when I begin the 12 per month target again. I know, it's all quite academic really :)

Di
x


25 comments:

  1. This is really one cute card! I love the expression on the owl's face! I already have a stack for next year, can you believe it? I over-created Christmas cards this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute owl Di and I think he looks great peering out of his hole in the tree. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a lovely Owl Di, one I use many times, in fact last year her went onto 30 odd cards for my daughters sixth form class (she's the teacher not pupil).

    The way you have placed him into the aperture with the embossed front work very nicely as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little fellow!
    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness - what a super cute little owl and it works so well in your embossed tree card :-) Awesome xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little owl with the Santa hat is so cute! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous card love the Owl image x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card - such a cute image and I like your EB folder too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is delightful! The little owl is so cute and perfectly placed in his circular den inside the tree! :) Love so much the embossing woodgrain! Very lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWWH, this is a darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card Di. the owl looks right at home in the hole you created for him. Nice woodgrain embossing.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute Di is your card and image l just love the background embossed woodgrain looks so effective x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant Di, fabulous use of the Owl stamp.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you've cut the circle to place the owl in, Di! He looks so cozy all snugged in waiting for Santa! Thanks for sharing him with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super tree trunk you have made there for Mr Owl. I have one more card to make as a special for my hairdresser who loves all things tartan and then I'm calling it a day and sticking at 56. That Elf is driving me nuts. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH this is sooooo cute! It's a hoot! Soz!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just the cutest ever! I have several owls coloured up and had already cut them into circle shapes. I may just have to try this with one of them!

    Hopefull I have a 6x6 woodgrain EF...I always forget to use them so not too sure. Although with the way I hoard craft supplies, I probably do! lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just the cutest ever! I have several owls coloured up and had already cut them into circle shapes. I may just have to try this with one of them!

    Hopefull I have a 6x6 woodgrain EF...I always forget to use them so not too sure. Although with the way I hoard craft supplies, I probably do! lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, so cute! Love the background embossed. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just one darling card. That little owl put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the comment on my blog - sorry to hear that the foot has worsened - hope you are getting good advice and help that will enable the right diagnosis and bring about healing. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cutey hootey owl!!
    Thanks for your congrats Hun! Was bout time you came visited me back in blogger haha!! Even if it was only coz you saw me in your mag lol!! I was absolutely over the moon to come 3rd!! Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your little owl in his hole in the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Clever idea, Di... and I love the e/f, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.