The latest challenge over at Cuttlebug Mania is 'Down By The Sea'. All you have to do to join in is to follow the theme and also use a manual die cutting/embossing machine - simples!
The prize this fortnight has been kindly donated by KennyK Downloads - wahoo, these are such fun images too.
This is my card following the 'Down By The Sea' theme:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- pale blue backing card, embossed using the Die'Sire 'Swirl' 6" square embossing folder - 'cos I thought it looked like waves :)
- the image is a Michael Powell one called 'Shore Thing', stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and coloured using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils. Michael always colours his quirky sketches in a very 'loose' fashion so I followed suit, that's my excuse anyhow :)
- the die to cut this image out was really a 'no brainer' given that the image is quirky/wonky. I used Spellbinders 'Wonky Squares' of course. As it's the largest die in the set, and also because I prefer narrower frames anyhow, I drew round the die and hand cut the yellow frame from a snippet I already had here
- the sentiment came from the Hero Arts 'Truly Appreciated' set, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black'. I'd already clipped the sentiment into two parts previously, and for a change placed it around one corner
- finishing touch, Craftwork Cards card Candi
Job done - now it's your turn to hop over and play.