Tuesday 5 June 2012

A Tuesday Tale - curtain call

Watching the Thames Jubilee Pageant, I spotted my old office which was right on the banks of the river. Happy days! This tale came to mind - short and sweet this week.
Len was in the same, pretty important meeting, as me - on a bright sunny day. This was before we were 'an item', and being something of a novelty in a group of 20+ men and the same grade as they were, I was lucky enough to be treated as an absolute equal. But I also felt conscious that arranging the 'domestics' was one of my strengths (not that it was expected). The sun was shining onto the screen for the overhead projector during a presentation - so 'Little Miss Helpful' here hopped out of her seat to close the meeting room curtains.

Whisk...whoosh...crash!! Everything went dark - in my enthusiasm I'd only managed to pull the whole curtain track, complete with curtains, off the wall. I had to be rescued and dusted down, whilst a load of managers stifled their laughter at the impromptu comedy act :(

Len (usually using his pet name for me) sometimes reminds me of this 'over-enthusiasm' when I rush headlong into some crazy scheme . 'Mind the curtains, Piglet' is usually enough to stop me in my tracks (no pun intended), if only for a silly 'Piglet-like' snigger before I carry right on anyhow :)

Have a great day!

Di
x

10 comments:

  1. That's quite embarrassing Di but it could of been worse as l thought you were going to say, a spider fell on you as you closed the curtains and ran round the room with it in your hair! Every cloud..........

    Have a fantastic BH Tuesday (that just doesn't sound right, does it?)

    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm . . . that's JUST the sort of thing that would happen to me. I've lost count of the number of times I've tried to be HELPFUL and ended up making matters worse!

    So I'm not even sniggering . . . I'm sitting here wishing the ground could have opened up for you to gently disappear into! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just don't know your own strength do you? :-)
    tehe
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the embarrassment! And I can just imaging the dust on those curtains - they probably hadn't been cleaned in aeons, let alone drawn. Piglet ... why??? Great story :) Hugs, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab. story Di, - it proves that women are more thoughtful and helpful than men!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your stories Di and empathise entirely (having gone through my whole life as an impromptu comedy act!) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your stories Di. Although they often make me wince they always leave me with a smile.
    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Di,at least you did get up and try to cut out the light , another great story:)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hee. I can see why he was so drawn to you..... a life long companion needs to be one that brings you joy (and I can just imagine how much joy this little incident caused)!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very funny.....I could picture it, you in a cloud of dust wrapped in a curtain.....I'll bet you brought a boring meeting to be a memorable one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.