It's still hot down here in Hampshire, but thankfully we're not having the rain problems and flooding that some others parts of the UK are contending with.
I needed a Birthday card for a good friend last weekend and so I also made it my snippets card ahead of the usual panic here - me not totally stupid.
And therefore, here's my snippets card for this coming fortnight:
- 4" x 4"square white card blank, side opening
- snippets of peach coloured card which I used as 'frames' for the main image panel and also the sentiment - I try to choose the coloured card before then looking for matching/toning colours for coloring in the backgrounds and images
- another snippet of white card onto which I stenciled a background using Altenew's 'Feeling Dotty' stencil and 'Tumbled Glass' Distress Ink - applied using a Clarity stencil brush
- piece of white card, also a snippet, onto which I stamped the adorable Newton's Nook 'Dainty Daisies' plus a sentiment from the same set (I chose one suitable for a Birthday but I do love the other sentiment which is 'Thanks a bunch!'). And of course I used Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and the Misti
- then coloured the 'daisies' image using Pro markers before die cutting the bunch using a die from the Newton's Nook co-ordinating set, I did find it best to use another snippet of card to cut a template to ensure the placing of quite a detailed die
- I had set out to make a USA A2 sized card but then realised that the balance was going to be all wrong - would have been better to have the daisies within an oval or rectangular frame in the centre perhaps for that card size
- so I cut everything back to go onto the now reduced in size card blank and glued the peach frame and image background panel in place, before trimming and adding the sentiment to another peach frame
- that meant I could sit and sort of juggle things around a bit until I was as happy as I'd ever be
- then glued the bunch of daisies in place and popped the sentiment to the bottom left
- final touch - a rootle through my huge box of gems and other similar (rarely used these days) embellishments and found some lime green sparkly but almost clear 'domes' which I popped in place
- as always, I added an insert although I usually leave those blank but this time I added 'Happy Birthday Wishes' using a stamp from a pre-loved SU set called Avant-Garden (this is really for my own record as it took me ages to find a small enough sentiment that went with the font of the sentiment on the front of the card)
So, it ended up as a much smaller card than I originally envisaged - but, victim of my own OCD really, I like (as far as possible) to only use goodies on my fortnightly snippets card which form part of the prize. Otherwise, I really do think those daises would be in a pretty die cut frame (of which I have a good selection) or aperture - and the sentiment would have also been die cut using an elongated pennant/flag or some such die, IF I could find one absolutely the right size, which is rare when I'm sticking to using a specific sentiment.
There are loads of ideas out there for how to use this lovely 'Dainty Daisies set' - quite a lot don't even need the die cutting and some are such vibrant and quite funky colours. I think the set is a fairly recent release (2019) and I just bet I spotted it on one of your blogs (or Seven Hills blogspot which is fabulous but so tempting) and ran off to buy them.
The prize this fortnight is:
As always, the Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 17th August. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's a maximum of ONE entry, please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you want to be in the draw in a comment on here, then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' on the blog post itself - just in case you're only playing for fun - otherwise I don't add you to my little list.
And we do have a few photos of Dudley this week - in the garden one evening, having one of his favourite times of the day, which always includes a little 'treat' or two of course. He still hasn't opened up his Birthday cake shaped treat though, it's being saved for after this coming Tuesday when he gets home from having a 'shampoo, set and manicure' at our local grooming salon. He'll need so little trimming that, for now, he's going to the local branch. That makes life much easier for us not having to trek to Winchester as I can take him on his own and then either come back home for an hour or nip round Sainsbury's just over the road from the grooming place.
Anyhow - here's the little chap, especially for you:
|OK Mama - I'm ready to perform, get that camera clicking!|
|I can 'dance for my Daddy' for treats anytime!|
|But just got told to 'sit' and wait|
|Then,when I give my paw, I get the treat :) Sometimes I'm gentle and other times I just slap my paw like a high five and think 'get on with it!'|