And, it's time for a new fortnightly challenge in the Snippets Playground folks! As always, a huge thank you to everyone who came to play this past fortnight.
Let's get straight in - here's my snippets card for the coming fortnight:
- 6" x 6" white card blank
- a snippet of pinky/mauve Core-dinations card stock, trimmed slightly to a bit smaller than the card front
- a smaller snippet of powder blue card (sob, it's my last decent sized snippet of this gorgeous matt baby blue card)
- a piece of 200gsm white card stock - deliberately chosen as the die I was about to use is quite intricate and I've discovered that slightly lighter weight card is best for fiddly designs - backed with Stick-It self adhesive sheet as well as using a piece of waxed paper to ensure the card dropped out of the die easily. Talk about belt, braces and double knicker elastic!
- die cut the white 'frame' panel using the main die from the NBUS Polkadoodles 'Ribbon Gift Frame' set and removed the protective backing from the adhesive layer
- found a snippet of narrow 'Cadbury coloured' purple ribbon and threaded a piece through either side of the white die cut, wrapped it over and stuck it in place on the back of the panel
- then glued the white panel onto the blue one. Tip about centering this die cut - I drew very light pencil lines to mark the centre of the card, up and down - which made alignment a breeze.
- then glued the blue panel onto the pinky/mauve piece of card
- I now had a flat panel to work on for the stamping stage, with no exposed pieces of ribbon at the back
- fiddled around a lot working out where to place the stamps - from Altenew's 'Carousel' set. It's just a small set but so crisp and very pretty too
- then stamped the image and wording all in one go using the Misti and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- stuck the whole card front panel to the card blank
- I had intended to just use the silhouette outline but decided to add some colouring using Faber-Castell Prismacolour pencils and Sansodor blending fluid
- the final touch is a loopy bow, cut using a little snippet of the mauvy/pink card and another die from the same set as before
Looking at the stamp set again, I can just see it coloured in red and green, perhaps with a spot of gold, on a Christmas card - with a different sentiment of course! Just a thought.
And here's this fortnight's prize:
The Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 19th August. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's a maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. The prize is both items together as a single prize, unless you really do only want to try for a 'split' - in which case I'd do a further draw for the other item. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you're wanting to be in the draw then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' just in case you're playing only for fun. Thanks!
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Be sure to call back next week to see the winner of last fortnight's prize (MFT's 'Stitched Cover-Up Companion - Diagonal die, plus the Clearly Besotted 'Aloha' stamp set) and my picks from the past two weeks.
We're beginning to run a bit low on Guest Designers, I have about five names left. So, if you would like to be a GD do please let me know - my email is on the RH side bar or even just leave something in a comment on this post.And for this reason we very likely won't have a GD next week as many of you seem to be busy and/or on holiday. I'll just have to persuade Parsnip to strip down to his shorts and pose for you instead :)
Love from Parsnip and of course from me. He's currently rootling around looking for sun lotion ready for spot of sun bathing so he has a 'golden glow' for his Playmate of the Week spot! Sigh, I despair at times - it's not gonna happen!