Time for another Cuttlebug Mania Challenge and the theme this time is 'I am crafting'.
You might have to put your thinking cap on, although I actually had THE perfect stamp set - totally unused as well as being a good few years old - shame on me. And - this theme wasn't my choice either so it's pure coincidence which stamp set I used!
Some ideas are sewing, knitting, carpentry, painting - and I bet you can think of many others as well.
You do have to use a manual die cutting/embossing machine for Cuttlebug Mania entries (it
doesn't need to be a Cuttlebug but it must be manual, not electronic). And, you can't mix the two, it must be all
manual please. Then make your
entry, link into the challenge, link to the challenge in your own blog
post and and make sure that you also say what products you used for any
Details of our sponsor can be found over on the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge blog.
So this is my card:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank
- snippet of SU 'Wisteria Wonder' card as the backing layer, glued onto the card front
- snippet of white card, embossed using the Taylored Expressions 'Twirls and Swirls' embossing folder and then trimmed to just slightly smaller than the 'Wisteria Wonder' layer. Then glued on top of the card front
- the stamp is from a very old fabulous set made by the now discontinued Elzybells called 'Stamp & scrap'. It really is perfect for a crafter/stamper/scrapper to use and goodness knows why I've had it forever without even using one single stamp - sheer madness!! I hate to brandish Elzybells stamps when they are out of production though - sorry!
- then I coloured the image using Whispers markers - ahem, and in the process she did end up with a rather fetching sun tan! Added a sentiment from the set and just decided to go for it anyhow rather than start again - it could be me after our Portugal break, although I doubt it very much!
- die cut the image using an oval Nesties and then used another snippet of SU 'Wisteria Wonder' card to die cut the 'frame using a real favourite Spellbinders die of mine, I love the gentle scallops - layered the image onto the scalloped piece and glued it in place.
Job done - and then I ran off to do some ironing.
Super CAS card Di, perfect for the challenge. I love the stamp and sentiment, and one I've certainly not seen before!ReplyDelete
What a little sweetie...so intently working on her crafts!ReplyDelete
Wonderful card, Di.
so sweet and perfect sentiment :)ReplyDelete
Aww so cute is that stamp! l love your card Di so nice to see your card take care xReplyDelete
Such a cute card :) i love the stamped image and the swirly embossing.ReplyDelete
The perfect card for you Di - I love it :-) xxReplyDelete
That truly IS the perfect stamp for the the challenge theme! Great card. Love the stamp and love the background embossing too.ReplyDelete
Hope you finished the creasing pronto and could relax! xxx
A wonderful card Di, I love this image of the crafter (my kind of therapy).ReplyDelete
Di, this is so cute! And yes: crafting is the best thing you can do!!ReplyDelete
This is a cute little lady and fits the theme perfectly Di, and I love the colour of the background mats and layers and the pretty embossing too. xReplyDelete
A fabulous card and I love the stamp - perfect for crafters.ReplyDelete
Hi Di this is a gorgeous card I love that stamp it is just so appropriate. Take care. Hugs JackieReplyDelete
Really this is the perfect stamp for the challenge!! This cutie and her sentiment make me smile! An adorable CAS!ReplyDelete
What a perfect stamp Di..such a fun card too xxReplyDelete
A lovely card Di and I love the stamp. Just right for your challenge. BarbxxReplyDelete
How very lucky you had this stamp absolutely perfect and a great layout too.ReplyDelete
Quite a poser of a challenge.
Such a cute card and so true. Love all the dimensions and details.ReplyDelete
Gorgeous card - fabulous stamp and love the embossing, it matches her hair! By the way, what the devil is ironing!!!!! xxxReplyDelete
Love the embossing and great image - perfect sentiment that is so trueReplyDelete
Fabulous card! Wow, I wish I had that stamp!ReplyDelete
How convenient to have this stamp in your stash!! It was made just for you to enter this challenge! LOL It's really cute with that background embossing too :)ReplyDelete
Gorgeous CAS card, Di.ReplyDelete
Brilliant card, Di, what a perfect stamp! xxReplyDelete
Brilliant stamp Di and do love her suntan. Finishing touches are going up as we speak. Mirrors, towel rings and toilet rolls. Need just as much careful planning as the whole job did. Hugs Mrs A.ReplyDelete
Oooo what a perfect image for all cardmakers and loving your layout too, luv Sam xReplyDelete
This is just delightful with that image of a busy card maker doing what she loves best! Great take on the challenge and a very fun card for a crafter.ReplyDelete
Beautiful card. Wish stamping came easily to me... Love my MISTI - put it that way!ReplyDelete
Gorgeous colour palette. X