You do have to use a manual die cutting/embossing machine for Cuttlebug Mania entries (it doesn't need to be a Cuttlebug but it must be manual, not electronic). And, you can't mix the two, it must be all manual please. Then make your entry, link into the challenge, link to the challenge in your own blog post and and make sure that you also say what products you used for any die cutting/embossing.
Details of our sponsor can be found over on the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge blog.
This is my DT card:
- 5.75" x 5.75" cream card blank
- a slightly smaller 'frame' of black card glued onto the card front
- then I die cut the 'happy birthday' panel using a Memory Box 'Grand Happy Birthday' die and a Stick-It backed snippet of tan coloured card and stuck it onto a square of cream card, smaller than the black 'frame'
- die cut part of the 'happy birthday' again using the same die and cream card to inlay the cream parts of the sentiment. I don't always do this but it does give a more 'finished' feel (IMHO)
- then die cut three little guitars using an All Occasion Dies 'Small Guitars' set, Stick-It adhesive sheet and small brown toned snippets of card. It's a sweet little set and you get both a classical and an electric guitar die BTW
- the 'scratch-plates' actually drop out of the die cuts so I just swopped them around to provide contrast and stuck them in place
- then used a Stick-It backed snippet of black card to die cut the 'Musical Score', again with an All Occasions die, and stuck it in place with a few notes on the tan panel as well
- popped some teensy gold gems onto the guitars to cover the cut outs for the knobs (being a purist, in a house with five guitars, I think there's been some poetic licence used when designed the knob placements on the little die)
Having said that about the knobs, I do think that both of the guitar dies are really lovely and they weren't very expensive when I bought them in Coventry the other week either.
This card is for a good pal's hubby, next month, he's into music and guitars :)
Do join in with Cuttlebug Mania if you can - remember you don't need to have music related dies/embossing folders. You could work some music patterned paper or an image/stamp into a card design for example - and use a 'non-music' die or embossing folder as well.
Absolutely super card, Di, and I think you've just enabled me to buy that guitar die set!ReplyDelete
A super card for the music lovers Di, I could be tempted to but those dies - you see I don't have many at all !ReplyDelete
Plenty of music related items on this card - great for anyone with an interest in music. The dies used look tempting (notice at least two other people fancy getting them)!!ReplyDelete
Hmm . . . Like Brenda . . . I'm also tempted by those guitar dies!ReplyDelete
Absolutely BRILLIANT card and, I might say, PERFICK for the recipient!
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Brilliant card Di and yes I too love those little guitars!ReplyDelete
I love your musical card today Di!ReplyDelete
A great masculine card Di and perfect for a guitar player too. The MB sentiment panel makes a great edge to stand those cute guitars on and the musical score and the random little notes go beautifully with it too. xReplyDelete
Rock and/or roll, baybee! This card rocks. I mean it. I like how you inlaid the greeting. It does give a more polished look.ReplyDelete
Oooh what a fab masculine card! Love that sentiment and the guitars look the part too!ReplyDelete
Great card Di so Masculine! would suit my son down to a tee! nice also that you added the guitars xxReplyDelete
Oh, wow!!! Fabulous masculine card!! Love it very much! Great design with the three guitars and the notes, and love the colours, so elegant!ReplyDelete
What a super fun card for someone into music and guitars - or anyone into rock 'n roll! Well done, Di!! Hugs, DarnellReplyDelete
Really cool card, love the inlaid dies ans those guitars are fab! A perfect music lovers card! xxxReplyDelete
Gorgeous card, Di.ReplyDelete
Fabulous card, the recipient will love it ( I know who you are!! )ReplyDelete
Hope you are feeling a lot better..xxx
Wauuu fantastic cardReplyDelete
wow, such a fantastic card - I should do something like that for my brother - he plays electric guitar in his band.ReplyDelete
Great composition on this card with the colours really well balanced - he'll love it.ReplyDelete
Such a great design, Di--would be perfect for hubby's son-in-law or grandson who are really into music!ReplyDelete