This is my snippets card for today - it makes me think of holidays in Europe:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- snippets of SU's 'Real Red' card stock plus snippets of paper from the MME 'Sunshine' pad - the black and light ochre band across the middle has a gap in the centre underneath the image 'cos the patterned paper wasn't wide enough
- Penny Black stamp called 'Venetian Summer', stamped using Versafine 'Vintage Sepia' ink pad and coloured with Polychromos pencils and Sansodor blending solution. My original plan was to paper piece the dress, hat and bag/purse but I switched horses mid-stream after one failed dress cutting session! Before and after after mounting the image onto Real Red card stock, I ran a Gold Calligrapher pen round the edges to link up with the gold edging on the ribbon I planned to use
- the ribbon was a little snippet tucked in the ribbon box
- the corners were die cut using a small Real Red snippet with Whimsy Corner dies and then some black gems popped into the holes in die cut shape
Quite a quick make really. Next time I'll Percy Veer with the paper piecing and perhaps keep the backing very plain - but I wanted to use a few snippets this week having cheated a bit recently :)
OK, now for this week's picks - my list built up over the week was HUGE so in the end I numbered the possibles and then drew the names out of a hat. With the exception of one very special snippets make - you'll see that at the end of the list :)
And - we have a very special final snippets make of the week:
No new playmates this week - unless you count Victoria's beautiful little baby girl of course.
Time for the draw for last week's prize - the Memory Box 'Tapered Candles' die plus the goodies to make some ribbon flowers.
Before I do the draw - just look at the lovely snippets card that Kath made, we must have been working on them at almost the same time totally unaware what the other one was planning! I love the simplicity of this, in contrast to the one I made, and plan on making a batch bake of them.
And the winner is:
And here's this coming week's prize:
As usual, the Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 23rd August and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Tomorrow is the follow-on from my Creative Blog Hop post. First of all, thank you for your lovely comments and secondly, why not head over to Elizabeth, Sam and Mary H to see what they've written.
Sigh, I found some prizes that I'd forgotten to post still languishing here - I'll be hot footing it to the Post Office tomorrow. Have a great week!
Di (and the usual happy wave from Parsnip of course)