I was wondering how to fasten/glue them once made up - in fact I later found brilliant instructions on Jules blog 'Always With A Heart' - knew we should have checked there first!! And that's probably how I came to get the dies in the first place.
But, all the 'electronic talk' of roses reminded me of the red rose that I found whilst tidying a desk tidy this week (does that make sense?!) you see at the front of my cutting mat, above. And here's how I made it - waaaaay back in mid-2010 when I'd not been blogging long and had just one follower :) This is not my own idea, I'd found it on the internet but even back then I couldn't recall where - so there's not a snowball's hope now, otherwise I would most definitely give credit for an idea which I found worked really well! The rose is about 1.5" - 2" across when it's finished.
I nipped into our local Hospice Shop and found a French Dictionery for the grand amount of 75p. This is what I did:
1. Tear out a couple of pages per rose. The dictionary was quite battered with a chunk of pages missing so I didn't feel too guilty about attacking it!
2. Spray the pages with Memory Mists - I used Pale Ale and Strawberry Daiquiri. I'd had the Mists for ages and had never used them before so it came out a bit blotchy but still worked in the long run. Of course Distress Inks would work well but I hadn't yet ventured into those :)
3. Once the pages are dry (they took forever due to my heavy handedness!) then punch out two flower shapes (yup, just two) per rose using a large Woodware 6-scallops punch. With patience you could always make a template and hand cut some of these.
4. Then snip petal pieces out as shown in the piccie - I concentrated on the Strawberry Daiquiri rose for now.
5. Now it begins to take shape - overlap and glue the petals as you can see in the piccie - good old fashioned paperclips come in handy at this stage. The two small centre pieces were sort of rolled together after I'd taken this piccie. The bottom end of all pieces should then be snipped off so that the rose will sit flat.
6. Finally, the rose was assembled working from the outside in using Hi-Tack glue to hold the centres of the layers together and curling the petals round a pokey tool as I went.
7. Et voilà, c'est fini!
Looking back at this - maybe the Marianne die isn't so daunting after all :))
The sharper eyed might have spotted the mahoosive bottle of cod liver oil capsules also on the desk. I kept forgetting to take them until my OH pointed out that there was one place I'd always spend time at each day - working so far, unless the bottle gets buried under a load of paper and stuff!
To find out what our leader Julia has been up to please go here, I've just read Julia's solution for unmounted stamp storage and I'm still with her on that one but once again I lost an unmounted stamp this week so summick just has to be done! At Julia's you'll also find links to loads of fascinating desks and perhaps dining tables, floors, trays etc. with tales of what others are up to today. Happy WOYWW!!