Sunday 11 August 2024

Sunday Snippets - Triptych Nativity

Here's my snippets card for this week:

I used:

- pale ivory linen card, die cut using a Studio Light 'StencilSL253' die, scored and folded to make the triptych card

- used snippets of Tonic Pearlescent 'Majestic Gold' card as the 'framing layer' on each panel. cut using a die from the same Studio Light set then glued in place

- the Nativity scenes are from a Crafters Companion paper pad calle 'O Holy Night' - the papers have a scene on one side and toning pattern on the reverse. That meant I could juggle exactly where I wanted the cenre panel to be die cut from the scenic side - then use the reverse of a further sheet of the same colour and design 6" x 6" paper to die cut the side panels

- glued the side panels in place

- finally, added the sentiments, die cut from snippets of pale ivory linen card and also Tonic Pearlescent 'Majestic Gold' card. The sentiment dies are Poppy Stamps 'Noel Snowflake' - with the snowflake portion not die cut - and what my storage file index says is 'Peace Circle' by MFT - I've had it for ages and something makes me doubt it's by MFT. So it could be Memory Box or Poppy Stamps - anyone know?

I made four cards in the same design, just using different papers - all still with a central Nativity scene and toning papers from the reverse of a sheet of paper exactly the same. When the cards are folded, the 'peace circle' is the 'front' portion and that's why I chose to make it bolder by adding in the 'waste' from Tonic gold cuts of the same die. I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

- Darnell's NBUS challenge #65 - HERE - the 'Peace Circle' die had its first outing

- Allsorts Challenge #793/4 HERE - under the 'Anything goes' option

Dudley Pupdate: Dudley is/was quietly delighted that recently the temperatures have been more bearable - although they are poised to rise once again I see. I had to apply his monthly flea and worm prevention liquid in a stripe down his shoulders where he can't reach it the other day. We had the usual 'Sand Dancer cum Seven Veils' performance from 'his Nibs' needless to say, as I made sure he had an extra thorough brush and comb out, even though he's got a short puppy cut.

I (and Len when he's trimming) find we have to play sneaky with him. He turns his back, so I work on his plume of a tail, he whips back round to face me with a glare, so I dive in with a brush or comb to do his front paws and legs, so he stands up like a boxing hare - and I race in and tackle his tummy, chest and (ahem) personal areas! He falls flat on his front with nose pressed against my chesticles.  so I tackle his back - and so it goes on. Oy Vey - what a workout. We're both exhausted afterwards. If anyone's seen the film Edward Scissorhands sequence where he cuts the hair of several neighbours - that's me, hands, arms and tools flying as fast as possible. I just need Edward's pure white face and we're away!

It's Saturday evening and across the landing I can see him cosied up to Len on our bed, ready for an early night. But, always with one eye open ............ in case there might be treats on the horizon!

Remember, the results from Challenge #485  are now published in the Snippets Playground HERE. 

Hope to see you on the swings for the current challenge as that runs for almost another week. The number of entries is extremely low so far - perhaps folk are on holiday and so on? I know that three sets of neighbours around us are all off on Summer cruises - not all together, I hasten to add!

Love as always, Dudley and yours truly,




13 comments:

  1. Love this using one of our favourite dies. We've noticed it rather quiet as well, so it's not just the Playground Di, we out it down to the holiday seasons and Peeps making the most of a sunny day when it arrives (now and then).

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture the dancing and scissorhand manoeuvres! Lovely peaceful card. Keep cool! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's dedication, making four cards using that triptych die - they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful triptych nativity card for Christmas. Lovely in the golden colours. Congrats on getting 4 made!

    I'm sure Dudley appreciates your efforts to keep him rid of parasites really!!!! Although the Dance of the Seven Veils sounds intriguing! See you by the paddling pool! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this triptych creation with those beautiful papers. It makes for a wonderful Christmas card and good for you making 4 of them! That puts you way ahead of me in making Christmas cards! Have fun with the grooming sessions - he certainly keeps you on your toes LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fabulous shaped triptych card Di and the papers are gorgeous and love the two added sentiments and the gold pearlescent card goes beautifully. I always laugh at Dudley's antics...you don't need to go to the gym when you have a Dudley...lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shape and the traditional feel of this beautiful card Di. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Di. I have this die now, thanks for enabling me! I’ve made a couple of cards already and will be posting them on my blog when I know they have been received.
    Hope Dudley copes with the heatwave that’s due to arrive tomorrow.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful triptych Di - what a wonderful set of Christmas papers you used
    Poor Dudley - fancy having to be groomed - sounds like a 'fun' time for all....
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Di this is so beautiful the papers are gorgeous ....ooh that time again for Dudley he's just like a young child going through the motions of keeping cleaned and groomed lol, it's a hot day today so warm here but no sun just waiting for the rain x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di!
    Lovely card! I might have to look this die up!
    Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!
    Sorry, but the reference to Edward Scissorhands made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card and I did manage to get this die, thanks to you and your efforts in searching for it, funnily enough I've used it with a set of nativity dies too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness--Dudley stories just brighten my day! Your card is gorgeous! I love the design (great die!) and gorgeous paper! Sending big hugs, Greta

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.