Sunday 4 August 2024

Sunday Snippets - 'Storyboard'

There's been a bit of a craze recently for die cut frames to form either a 'storyboard' or 'a collection of pseudo postage stamps'. They are such fun to play with, so when Heffy Doodle had their closing down sale fairly recently, I bought a set of 'storyboard' dies  and this is my first play with them:

I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening - the set of dies is Imperial and perfect for USA A2 sized cards which is a size I really like for the balanced proportions

- then used a piece of the same white card used for the card blank to die cut the 'frame' using the main die from Heffy Doodle's 'Imperial Storyboard' set of dies

- had already picked out the paper pad I wanted to use - one of the earlier ones dating back 14 years called 'Born to Shop - Bubbles'. Aha, closer inspection says it's by Docrafts! 

- in the back of the pad I found everything I used as a paper snippet on this card. First of all I trimmed the piece of plain mauve to sit behind the framework of panels, glued it to the back of the framework and then added the completed frame to the card front - all done using glue pens

- then die cut the little five patterned inserts from snippets and glued them in place

- die cut two sentiments from pale mustard coloured paper (the beauty of the paper pad is that the reverse of each sheet is plain, using colours from the patterned side) and layered them together. The shadow die set I used is by Memory Box, called 'Big Hugs Posh Script'

- die cut the shadow from a snippet of vellum and glued the die cut words on top

- then just glued the sentiment 'panel' onto the card front - finished!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenge:

- Darnell's NBUS challenge #65 HERE - both the 'Storyboard and the 'Big Hugs' dies were having a first outing 

Dudley Pupdate: poor little guy really has been feeling this heatwave we're having. We've lost him a few times as he silently roams around the house during the night, looking for the coolest places to lie. Wedged between a tiled wall and a toilet pan is his top choice of place right now - cool on both sides as well as his nose! If only he knew that water would cool him down - but, as he hates to even get his tippy toes wet, it's a non-starter to think about a paddling pool for him!

Remember, I've just kicked off a new challenge over in the Snippets Playground HERE. And, if you like the 'Storyboard' die set I used - there's one exactly the same included in the prize bundle!

Hope to see you on the swings - the sight of Sarn trundling a huge freezer into the Playground did stop me in my tracks the other day. No doubt she has plans laid for cold drinks, lollies and ice creams! 

Love as always, Dudley Dog and me



11 comments:

  1. Lovely card Di, I love the dies you’ve used and the patterned papers are so pretty. Well done on using up some of your 14 year old snippets.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a really lovely card and a brilliant die set for using up paper snippets. Love the papers you chose and that sentiment due is just GORGEOUS.

    OOPS! You weren’t meant to see me moving the freezer from the canteen and winching it up to the treehouse!!! 🥵😉❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card Di, I’m sure you’ll get a lot of use from that die set, I love the hugs one too. I’m very tempted to get Dudley some dog ice cream, but it would melt by the time I got there 😂xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this storyboard card and the delicate colours of the papers used. Docrafts eh? that's going back a bit and I still have bits and pieces of their products in my stash. What a shame Dudley doesn't appreciate the benefits of a cooling paddling pool 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear - poor Dudley.... I can understand the favourite spot at the moment. Pity he doesn't like water :(
    Love your card Di - that (frame) is a great buy, and the resultant card is gorgeous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. l must admit using this storyboard is a great way to create a fabulous card like you have done Di the soft papers are lovely and the right sentiment used l can sympathise with Dudley it has been hot and finding a cool spot isn't that easy shame about the paddling pool though that would definitely cool him down x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one of these backgrounds in my stash somewhere and often forget to use it, but I love what you've done with it here in these soft, subtle colors. Great snippets make! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely card and great use of the dies. I have some born to shop - 14 years - yikes! TT is also feeling the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful die with the added scalloped shapes inside each opening backed with the pretty lilac card and then using some really pretty papers over the top looks great Di, and the pale mustard die cut sentiment goes beautifully. It has been hot for us all but with all that extra hair little Dudley must have been even hotter...how would we manage wearing a fur coat on a hot day..remember the sixties and seventies...I had one then..lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right on trend, Di, and what a lovely story board design you made! I love the soft pastels! I can relate to your heat wave, but I think we've found something our pups differ on ~ while Nellie, too, just stands in the kiddie pool with a look of disdain and a "get me out of here" look on her face - she does love the heat! At 99 degrees outside, you will find her laying out on the patio in the full sun, crazy dog! She is allowed two minutes and then whisked away for her own good!

    Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Di! I love that your postage stamp dies are a bit different with their scallop edged apertures and I love the soft colours you used. Poor Dudley will be looking forward to the autumn! Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.