Sunday 18 August 2024

Sunday Snippets - Wedding Wishes

It's very rare for me to have reason to make Wedding cards - this is for a lovely blogging friend who got married earlier this week:

I used:

- 5.75" x 5.75" white card blank, side opening

- a whole piece of 'Burnished Rose' card from Craft Perfect's 'Moonlight & Rose' - a very pretty shade of pale rose in satin mirror finish (even though it looks pale gold in every photo I've taken!) - trimmed to just slightly smaller than the card front

- a whole piece of 'Frosted Silver' card from the same pad. trimmed to just slightly smaller than the 'Burnished Rose' piece of card

- a piece of white card, dry embossed using an X-Cut 'Polka Hearts' folder and trimmed to just slightly smaller than the silver layer

- then glued all three layers onto the card front and set to making the embellishments

- die cut the heart twice from more 'Burnished Rose' card using a Tattered Lace die called 'Filigree Heart' - to my delight the intricate little pieces stayed firmly in place so I just glued both layers together and set them aside

- next I used a snippet of the 'Frosted Silver' card to die cut two linked Wedding bands before glueing them together and setting them aside - the die is unbranded 

- finally, using snippets of 'Burnished Rose' card I die cut the sentiment words twice and layered them together. Both dies are Heffy Doodle ones called appropriately enough 'wedding' and 'wishes' (psst, look closely enough and you'll probably see that the fonts are different)

- all that was left was to place the die cuts where I wanted them and then glue them in place. The heart itself was lifted up using thin sticky pads

This is a gorgeous paper pad and I squirrel every little snippet in a 'halved envelope' pouch inside the back cover - hence finding the ones I used for the sentiment and rings.

I'd like to enter this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #65 - the heart, rings and sentiment dies were all having a first outing

Dudley Pupdate: He's such a rascal! We had a food delivery mid-week and Dudley was doing his sentry duty malarky with Honks in his mouth at the top of the stairs whilst the delivery driver was unloading. I turned from my desk and said - 'Go on then, say hello Dudley' - and off he bounced down the stairs as if to say 'I haf permission to show you my favourite duck'!! And presented the driver with his beloved Honka! Sob, SO cute. I think the delivery driver would have adopted him on the spot given a chance.

Very importantly, we have a new Challenge #487 being run by our lovely Sarn over HERE! Do please come and play - the more, the merrier!

Love from myself and Dudley, xxx




8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Di, rose gold is a favourite of mine, and the heart is so pretty. I didn’t notice the difference in fonts at first, or that the polka dots were hearts 🙄, but you and Sarn have given me some ideas, as I too have one to make and so far I’d been stumped, so thanks! Who can possibly resist Dudley’s charm! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous wedding card using the beautiful shimmery silver and gold card. Love the dies you've used, against the pretty heart embossed background.

    Another adorable tail(!) of Dudley's exploits! He is irresistible. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous wedding card which must look even better in real life - I like the subtlety of the satin finish on the rose gold and silver. Another lovely instalment in Dudley's ongoing story too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER make, congratulations to your friends on their recent wedding

    Dudley and "Honka" must make such a cute image bouncing towards the delivery driver - be he/she was delighted

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous wedding card Di, and the softer tones of the satin card are so elegant, and love the way you left the heart with all the little pieces intact and added the wedding rings over the top, and the perfect layered background with the sweet little embossed hearts also great die cut words to finish. Dudley is so sweet I think anyone who came to the door or to visit would want to take him home. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one beautiful wedding card with those double wedding rings and pretty embossing. I'd hoard those papers too! That pooch of yours sure is full of fun isn't he? Long live Honka Duck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness--bet your stop was the delivery guy's favorite ever! Good thing I'm not making your deliveries--haha! The wedding card is absolutely gorgeous--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One to be definitely treasured. It's beautiful. L x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.