Wednesday 28 August 2024

Rudolph Days Challenge - August 2024

Crumbs, August already - apparently some shops are already stocking their shelves with Christmas goodies, mostly chocklit of course, perleease!!

This is my offering for both the Rudolph Days Challenge and also the Christmas Kickstart Challenge - two Monthly Challenges I try very hard not to miss: - plus two other favourites:

I used:

- 5.75" x 5.75" pale ivory linen card blank, side opening

- the stamped image was in a Gummiapan (UK Meissen, I think) sale a year or so ago, no name but to me he's 'Skiing Reindeer' - imaginative huh?! I bought three very similar different reindeer images and they too also come with matching dies, they cost me very little and will make an appearance on here ASAP

- stamped the image onto a snippet of pale ivory linen card on the plain reverse for smoother blending, using a VersaFine Clair 'Morning Mist' ink pad

- coloured the image using Faber-Castell Polychromos Pencils and Sansodor blending solution and then die cut it - using the matching die. I made a little jig of the image for best placement!

- tickled the bauble on the reindeer's antlers using Clear 'Wink of Stella' and put it to one side

- next, took a background 'snowy hillside' piece of card from the KanBan 'Christmas Wobblers' backgrounds pack and die cut it using a 5" x 5" Heffy Doodle 'Stitched Squares' die - now that I knew where the ski-ing deer should be positioned

- next step was to trim a piece of Tonic pearlescent 'Red Velvet' card down to 5.25" x 5.25" square to back the 'scene' panel

- glued the red panel and the scene together and then glued them onto the card blank

- added the sentiment, already made in two layers, in my favourite Tonic Christmas sentiments pot - using a  glue pen

- the final touch is the reindeer in action! I backed him with a blank die cut for stability and then added him to the scene using thin sticky pads and the usual glue stick trick whilst placing him

- made two whilst at it of course! Finished.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

- Rudolph Days Challenge - August 2024

- Christmas Kickstart #89 - Animal Antics

- Darnell's NBUS Challenge #65 - the Gummiapan reindeer stamp and matching die were NBUS

And last but never least:

Allsorts Challenge #795 - Delightful Animals

I thoroughly enjoyed being able to see again properly with my new glasses whilst making these cards. But the very best thing is to be able to pick up a magazine or book with smallish print and be able to read it properly. Bliss!

See you on Sunday for a new Snippets Challenge!




14 comments:

  1. Great card Di, Rudolph looks like he’s having the best time! Swoosh! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that’s a really fun Rudolph Day card. Love the choice of background for the skiing reindeer.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reindeer stamp and die set was a really good bargain - such a fun card. Great choice of background too. Happy Rudolph Days (caught me by surprise this month đŸ™„). With my GD hat on, thanks for joining in the Allsorts Delightful Animals challenge - he certainly is delightful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fun card Di - love your deer on skis! You have really made him the star of the card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is full of festive fun and I love it that image made me smile a great winter scene thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet Di, perfect for Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a fab Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and so pleased your eyesight is so greatly improved for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card. I love thise reindeer stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Di, I LOVE your ski-ing reindeer... one for my wish list I think. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Gundi and me, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time to get those skis out and start kickin'! What a fun card with that image and a cute little scene to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute skiing reindeer Di, and the snowy hillside background works really well and finished with your favourite Christmas sentiment too..and two more to add to your 2024 target. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. *hihi* ... that's really funny. It seems to enjoy the snow ride.
    Thanks so much for joining Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart!! Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  13. So adorable! Thanks so much for sharing this week at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card - love the expression on his face!

    Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.